Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

As a proud normie, I’ve never even seen it which I probably must rectify. It just has that ‘women’s cinema’ vibe.
I watched it. It's very normie but I liked it.

As a proud normie, I’ve never even seen it which I probably must rectify. It just has that ‘women’s cinema’ vibe.
I know what you mean, but don't worry, it's not that. The title doesn't really convey much about it. It has a lot of wit and energy and it's among my very favorite films.

I know what you mean, but don't worry, it's not that. The title doesn't really convey much about it. It has a lot of wit and energy and it's among my very favorite films.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Oh right! I shall check it out then. I read up on it this morning and was shocked to learn it was Robyn Wright’s breakthrough role. It just seems like a very counter-intuitive title for anything but a romance movie. But hey, I overthink things. Duly added to watchlist.

Even so-called ‘women’s cinema’ works for me on occasion.

Oh LOL. Having been brought up on movie trivia, I have definitely heard that one and my family throws it around jokingly, though I never had a clue where it originated.

The Abyss 1989 or the Sphere 1998!

... watched both of them long long ago, and have to admit almost forgot what it's both about!
Which one do you guys more suggest?

Tender Mercies (1983)

My wife LOVES this film, even though she cries at the end. I like it a lot too. In my opinion this was Robert Duvall's best performance of his career. Everything about this movie is amazing.

Aww, oh my god! It’s absolutely adorable and hilarious. So glad I’ve seen it and that this conversation happened, otherwise I don’t know that I would have.

Huzzah. It's slightly irrational how happy it makes me that you loved it.

It would've been fine if you didn't, but...yeah, I adore that film.

There is no movie that someone would have to like for us to get along, or for me to respect them (as a person or a moviegoer or anything else)...BUT if I were forced to reduce someone to such a litmus test, if I were forced to pick a single film and use someone's reaction to it to gauge our compatibility as friends or anything like that...it would be The Princess Bride, and I'm having trouble thinking of what would even be second.