My Favorite Television Weddings

Tools    

Mike and Gloria, All in the Family

Mike (Rob Reiner) and Gloria (Sally Struthers) were already married when All in the Family premiered, but we were not treated to the story of their wedding until a two-part flashback episode during season 3...the above clip is from part two.

Mike and Julie, Growing Pains

I thought this wedding was a lot of fun and whoever saw Mike Seaver (Kirk Cameron) actually committing to a single woman?

Jackie and Fred, Roseanne

Couldn't find an actual tape of the show, but had to include the only TV wedding I recall where the bride was breastfeeding during the ceremony.

Crystal and Ed, Roseanne

Couldn't find a decent image of this wedding anywhere. Roseanne discovers while matchmaking for BFF Crystal (Natalie West), that she has been dating Dan's father, Ed (Ned Beatty) without telling Dan or Roseanne. It gets more complicated when Ed reveals that he has proposed to Crystal and that Crystal is already pregnant. My favorite line in the entire episode is by Crystal when she finishes walking down the aisle.

Thelma and Rheuben, Amen

Thelma (Anna Maria Horsford) devoted her entire existence to getting Reverend Reuben Gregory (Clifton Davis) to marry her and when the day finally came, the good reverend actually passed out at the altar. The clip above is the conclusion which finally got Thelma what she wanted. Again, excuse the poor quality of the tape.

Charlotte and Harry, Sex and the City

Charlotte (Kristen Davis) bounced back from her marriage to Trey (Kyle MacLachlan) by falling in love with the lawyer (Evan Handler) who handled her divorce. Loved this couple and this wedding.

Finally a burst of weddings Iva actually seen. Im not as much the tv nut as I thought.

Carol Kester and Larry Bondurant, The Bob Newhart Show

I had to include this wedding primarily because I loved the romance that proceeded it...it was wonderfully watching the romantically-challenged Carol (the late Marcia Wallace) finally find someone and I like the way these two fell in love instantly and wasted NO time in making it legal.

Miranda and Steve, Sex and the City

This wedding had a certain laid back quality to it and didn't take it too seriously and I loved the venue they chose.

Andy Taylor and Helen Crump, The Andy Griffith Show

Andy Griffith decided to hang up Sheriff Andy's badge after close to a decade but CBS didn't want to lose the audience so the show was morphed into Mayberry RFD starring Ken Berry. There was no better way to launch the new show than with the wedding of Andy and Helen (Aneta Corseau).

Alan Quartermaine and Lucy Coe, General Hospital

This wedding was more of a business arrangement rather than the consummation of a great passion...Lucy (Lynn Herring) wanted to get her hand on Quartermaine money and Alan (Stuart Damon) was in the process of his umpteenth breakup with Monica (Leslie Charleson). Only TV wedding I recall where the bride wore fire engine red.

Marcia and Wally and Jan and Phillip, The Brady Bunch

I'm cheating a little here, because this double wedding did not occur on the show, but seven years after the cancellation of the show in a TV movie called The Brady Girls Get Married but not including this wedding here just would have been wrong.

Schmidt and CeCe, New Girl

We watched this couple break up and make up a lot, and we watched everyone loves Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and CeCe (Hannah Simone) tried to stop this wedding from happening and I loved the fact that CeCe's mother refused to accept Schmidt as a son-in-law and Schmidt would not go on with the wedding without CeCe's mother present.