The deadline for the Top Musicals list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

THE 3RD HALL OF INFAMY: Infamy Rises Again

Tools    

This is one of the very first MST3K entries, and by far one of the worst of the first season. I was hoping for one I haven't seen, but whatevs. I knew this would happen eventually. Much of the behavior is basically mirroring the mindset behind putting the monster costume together: everything is as thrown together as a gorilla with a robot head. I can make one of those with Galidor Lego's from McDonald's. I literally remember those. Oh, yeah! AND, there was literally an episode of the early Power Rangers where those two dorks put a traffic light on top of a turtle and that was a monster! That was more creative for bleep's sake! I mean, stupidity like "immunity to death rays" is something a child could come up with during a pretend Pokemon battle. It's basically a dinosaur who eats force field dogs but without the childlike charm. On top of which, every character only really has one reason to exist, and the reasons are EXCLUSIVELY tropes that we've gotten a million times before this movie was made, and five million times afterwards. There might be some good cheese scattered around here which can provide occasional laughs, but otherwise this movie's a total pass that can only be good for MST3K's riffing. This mold of a generic monster movie, Lost World and other better movies doesn't really need to exist.

The reveal is that there are no reveals. That's kind of interesting.
You can join us if you think you can raise the tone of bad movies seen during this Hall of Infamy.

Captain Terror, this is your doing, isn't it!? I approve.

But anyway, I'm fine with doing things this way. Rep is nice, but replies are better if you know what I mean.

I would never nominate Robot Monster for a bad movie contest because I kind of like it.
Time will tell, but I did look at the screen grab of it and think Ooh, that looks fun!. Not the result I'm sure it's nominator was hoping for, LOL.

Are we allowed to reveal our nomination when it gets posted or is it preferred for us to wait until the end?

Anyways, while I'll certainly give Robot Monster a proper rewatch for this thread, I watched it awhile ago and thought it was fine. The robot monster in it is the clear standout, while the human characters were bland by comparison.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
You can join us if you think you can raise the tone of bad movies seen during this Hall of Infamy.
I'll watch this one and then maybe we will see lol

Are we allowed to reveal our nomination when it gets posted or is it preferred for us to wait until the end?

Anyways, while I'll certainly give Robot Monster a proper rewatch for this thread, I watched it awhile ago and thought it was fine. The robot monster in it is the clear standout, while the human characters were bland by comparison.
You can fess up to it in your review if you wish.

I would like people to re-watch anything they have seen before. The pain must be universal.

Sorry for the newbie question but we have until Monday 7/29 to watch Robot Monster, correct? I'm not exactly clear how these things work.
Yes. Unless you need to stretch it out for some reason.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I like the idea of presenting one movie nom a week to be watched by the members before the next nom is up. I'll keep my eye on how that goes, I might try that in the 34th HoF, depending on how it works here. Oh, I never seen Robot Monster it looks fun!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Robot Monster

Oh yeah this is bad. It's got one of the most pathetic and least menacing aliens/robots in film history. How the humans didn't defeat this idiot faster is beyond me and how it's kind took the human population down to six is even more laughable. A gorilla with a space helmet? To me just a man in a really bad Halloween costume. The plot isn't there at all either, not that we were expecting that to happen anyways.

Still a small part of me is glad I watched it. I do enjoy cheesy sci Fi and this was certainly that. No redeeming qualities here but it's nice to see junk every now and again. The thing it did best was it perfectly matched it's length to exactly when I would have had enough. So props for that.

Due to a decent level of sci Fi cheesiness.

I like the idea of presenting one movie nom a week to be watched by the members before the next nom is up. I'll keep my eye on how that goes, I might try that in the 34th HoF, depending on how it works here. Oh, I never seen Robot Monster it looks fun!

All that's left is to see if it's plausible for the allotment of users and their schedules. On top of that, if we all finish a movie before the deadline, can we move onto the next that day?

I like it. It gets us away from the binge model, and means it's a bit more likely to have conversations because of watching it in the same shorter time span.

I do agree that once all participants have watched and reviewed a film, it would be nice to reveal the next one.

Trouble with a capital "T"
All that's left is to see if it's plausible for the allotment of users and their schedules. On top of that, if we all finish a movie before the deadline, can we move onto the next that day?
You'd have to ask Beelzebubble she's in charge of this ship and doing a find job I might add.

I doubt I can officially commit but if I watch every film can I possibly nab a nomination if I successfully do so?
It's fine with me. It would be great to have you here