The MoFo Musical Countdown - Group Watch

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@SpelingError, Are we still continuing with this thread?

If so, I think we're overdue for the next nomination.

@SpelingError, Are we still continuing with this thread?

If so, I think we're overdue for the next nomination.
I might actually call it here, if that's okay with the rest of you.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I might actually call it here, if that's okay with the rest of you.
Up to you of course and a big thank you for doing this for us! This group watch has been a blast and a big success. I've said it before but this is one of the best ideas to come to MoFo in a long time. Thanks for running it

When and it was my turn again I was going to choose: Jailhouse Rock (1957).

If you haven't seen it, it's one of the best of Elvis' movies. I know alot of Elvis' later movies were silly as all heck, but his early ones and especially Jailhouse Rock and King Creole were well made and worth watching. I hope they get some votes and make the countdown.

If you haven't seen it, it's one of the best of Elvis' movies. I know alot of Elvis' later movies were silly as all heck, but his early ones and especially Jailhouse Rock and King Creole were well made and worth watching. I hope they get some votes and make the countdown.
I saw Jailhouse Rock many years ago. I'm probably due for a rewatch. I have seen a bunch of Elvis films. It Happened at the Worlds Fair is my favourite Elvis film out of what I have seen.

I saw Jailhouse Rock many years ago. I'm probably due for a rewatch. I have seen a bunch of Elvis films. It Happened at the Worlds Fair is my favourite Elvis film out of what I have seen.
It Happened at the Worlds Fair really like that one too, especially as I live near Seattle and have been to the site where they had the Worlds Fair. A lot of the buildings shown in the movie are still there. Fun movie too.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
I had fun guys, despite getting burnt out before most of you. Looking forward to the countdown, and complaining when Stingray Sam inevitably shows up.

#JusticeForHamilton

I had fun guys, despite getting burnt out before most of you. Looking forward to the countdown, and complaining when Stingray Sam inevitably shows up.
Fingers crossed that you get that chance

If we had more time, I was considering nominating:

Bright Eyes (1934)
Dear Evan Hansen (2021)
Into the Woods (2014)

I recently watched Dear Evan Hansen (2021) and I loved it. I'm hoping to find room for it on my list.

Into the Woods (2014) was good, but it pales in comparison to the Broadway show. If you liked the movie, you should watch the American Playhouse version from 1991. It's not eligible for the countdown, but it's a much better version.

And it's on YouTube:

My mother-in-law loves Elvis Presley, so we have a USB stick in her TV that has every Elvis movie on it, (along with many videos of his songs, plus hundreds of episodes of "Judge Judy" and "The People's Court"), and it runs 24/7. So over the past year and a half, I've seen all of the Elvis movies, just in bits and pieces and in random order.

I'll try to watch the full movies of Jailhouse Rock and King Creole before finalizing my list.