MoFo Fantasy Football 2024 - Sign-Ups

Tools    

Hey. It's almost time for us to pretend to draft who don't even know we exist and then complain when they pull hamstrings.

---

I've renewed the league and set a (tentative) draft date and time of September 1st, Sunday, at 10:00 AM ET.

It's unclear if we'll have 12 or 14 or whatever this season, and some owners have suggested they prefer some configurations enough that they'd play in one but not the other, so please let me know if you want to play ASAP so we can figure things out as quickly as possible.

When replying, please confirm whether you're available for the above time. Bonus points for confirming whether you're available the previous day, August 31st, as a backup. If you don't confirm your potential availability for the draft time, you are not confirmed to participate. Every single year people skim this post (even though it's bold, and in red) and fail to do this.

What even is this?

The members on this site play in a fantasy football league. This will be its sixteenth (!) year, and it's a pretty great league. We play with 12-14 teams, and even though there's no money on the line we have a very high retention rate. This league is almost exclusively populated by competitive, engaged owners. I buy the winner a trophy each year (with the caveat that they have to post a photo of themselves with it):

Can I play?

Maybe. As I said, we have high retention, and some years we only have a slot or two open. This is a Movie Forums league, so heavy preference is given to people who are active on the forums, and this applies even to returning owners. We also give some preference to returning owners, since that kind of continuity is cool, but we lean a little more towards the first criteria. So if you're a regular you stand a decent chance of nabbing a spot. And even if you're kinda in-between, hey, it doesn't hurt to throw your helmet in the ring, provided you can pass concussion protocol after.

How do I sign up?

Just reply in this thread and say you'd like to play, and you'll be considered based on all the stuff I mentioned above. You may or may not get in, but there's no shame in asking! And asking and not getting in one year will be considered the next year as a possible tiebreaker, too.

Interested/Responded:
Yoda
seanc
Sedai
Holden Pike
rauldc14
TONGO
Wyldes
jiraffejustin
Captain Spaulding
Hey Fred
PW
Adam

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
I’m in and available the 31st and 1st. As my bonus I will be happy to have Captain’s first round pick. Pretty sure he won’t need it to beat me anyway.

#JusticeForHamilton

A system of cells interlinked
I am in and I am available for the draft on AUG 31.

I am taking my vacation a week earlier than usual this season, so will be home in plenty of time to not have to rush around or draft from my phone.

Yes, I am available for August 31st, Saturday, at 1:00 PM ET! And I am still of the preference that I am in if it is a 12-team league, but if it swells to 14 teams I will gracefully bow out.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

So, Adam's going to be on a plane during the initial draft time, he's asking if everyone can commit early to Sunday, September 1st instead. So far it sounds like most/all can?

I cannot do Saturday evening. I could potentially do Sunday morning, but it would have to truly be morning, East Coast time. I have to leave for a gig at noon, and that takes up the rest of my day and night.

Everybody please weigh in all these alternatives if you can.

I'm fine with Sunday morning ET but we have some West Coast people in the league too. Although I think at least one of them moved east recently, so maybe!

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Everybody please weigh in all these alternatives if you can.

I'm fine with Sunday morning ET but we have some West Coast people in the league too. Although I think at least one of them moved east recently, so maybe!
As long as the choices continue to be weekend count me as yes. If that changes I will weigh in.

Well I'll be working, I work weekends day & night, but rather than the long drama of trying to accommodate me like last year I'll simply auto draft. Any league size or setting is fine by me, and I promise to be an active owner. Looking forward to it.

Starting to feel like Sunday morning is the best option. If anybody has a conflict with that let me know ASAP. Gonna try to confirm this Monday at the latest.

Oh, and my draft order is 1 thru 12 in that order. Nothing fancy, easy peazy, lemon squeezy.

The trick is not minding
I’m in!
I am available for either day. The time depends on whether I am working on Saturday, but I am always free on Sundays

If we stick to the Saturday time, that’s definitely yes. Any later and I might autodraft unless I can figure something out if I’m working.
Sunday is always a yes at any time, as noted above, so just let me know the time and I’m good.