MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

We get to pull from 30 MLB teams to put together just twelve fantasy rosters and somehow my team is hitting .216. There are 28 teams in the majors that are better than that.

The trick is not minding
Correa back today. Bradish is due back this week and perhaps what I’m most excited about, if he indeed has recovered enough to be effective.

A system of cells interlinked
After the Phillies manager watched Walker serve up a plate of meatballs over the weekend, it appears he is going to send Turnbull out for another start. I will continue to send him out there as long as I am able. After that, hey, maybe he starts piling up holds, who knows.

Yeah I cut loose Dalton Varsho, another one I just got in a trade. Dont trust he will hit for Avg or OBP, nor could I with Jorge Soler either. Jarren Duran wasn't much to give away as I just picked up a kid so dopd he steals more bases against lefties than righties, and so far 100% overall in attempts.

Dropped Michael King too. I wanted him to work out, I really did. At this point I just don't think he has what it takes to be a starter long term. Maybe a spot start here or there, wont be surprised they make him a reliever again.

Kimbrel might be out, sigh. I woulda picked Yenier Cano back up again but just assumed he had already been nabbed when i dropped him week or two ago. Realized he hadn't been when Yoda got him this morning. That's just awesome lol

0/23 Not sure I have ever had a .000 BA in a day. Not exactly a benchmark I was looking to hit, Ugh
Many pitchers threw great games yesterday. My team went 3/25

I dont feel so bad about my low 200s avg from last night now.

Above post I made made it sound like the kid I was talking about was "dopd". I meant "good", damn phone didn't do an auto correct, but to make up for it will do it when it shouldn't I'm sure.

Anyway his name's Jacob Young and he stole 2 more bases last night, yay. He hits for a high avg too and has 12 steals with only 64 at bats. That's impressive. Reminds me of a player many years ago named Jason Bourgeois. Hopefully he won't end up like him. Nice to have good news finally.

Matt Olsons metrics are solid, just the output is missing.The only thing to do is wait which is fine . Andy Pages got me 3 rbis last night, love them waiver guys earning. Seth Lugo may have taken the most underappreciated award from Justin Turner. Got him off waivers and he's even outperforming Peralta.

It's been a interesting April. Bizarre, bloody, and slumpy. Hopefully players going on the IL will slow down, especially pitchers.

The trick is not minding
Darvish is back from IL today, so it looks like most of my injured players are coming back this week. Unfortunately, it means I have to drop a few players.
Bye bye, Correa.

0/23 Not sure I have ever had a .000 BA in a day. Not exactly a benchmark I was looking to hit, Ugh
Many pitchers threw great games yesterday. My team went 3/25
I dont feel so bad about my low 200s avg from last night now.

Last five days my team is hitting .148 with six homers. Bench is batting .353 with two homers.

The trick is not minding
I went something like 4/24 with a few out for the day. I still managed respectable numbers due to several getting on base due to walks.
Pitching really bumped my score up. Of course, pitching has really been my highlight of the season so far.

Dodgers @ Arizona there's a delay of game. Not because of the weather, but a swarm of bees that have converged on the backstop. Augh! Somebody get a honey badger!

Dodgers @ Arizona there's a delay of game. Not because of the weather, but a swarm of bees that have converged on the backstop. Augh! Somebody get a honey badger!
I once lived in Arizona. I picked up my stuff, and ran as far away as I could, and only stopped because I was about to fall into the sea.

The trick is not minding
Reminds me of the time, about 15 years ago, my brother and I had to exterminate a huge wasp nest (the size of a bee hive) at her mail box. The mail man wouldn’t deliver anymore until it was taken care of, and rather than hire an exterminator, we came armed with several cans or raid that we sprayed directly into the entrance.
They dropped near instantly, upon exiting

I got a car one time that was sitting in the owners garage so long when I opened it 2 wasps like bullets went into my chest bouncing off from the impact. They had built a nest on the inside of the door. I had to war with wasps until one of us was dead. Thankfully I had weaponry.

Damn bees. So far on top of not getting Ohtanis and Pages production, Brewers/Rays - the umpires ejected Freddy Peralta with no warning for hitting Jose Siri on a 3-0 count. (5.1 innings pitched) Manager was so rightfully pissed for Milwaukee he got into the umps face and was tossed too. This just pissed the Brewers off enough so much they trounced us 8-2. Maddon used to do that with umps and get deliberately tossed just to light a fire under the Rays ass. I fear its gonna be a long season for Tampa this year.

The Bee Guy/Exterminator when coming onto the field got a standing ovation, and was allowed to throw the first pitch of the game. The game is on!

Btw, the MLB app is for real. You're able to watch ALL out of market games, plus some extras. They have a 7 day free trial if you're dubious.

If anyone was curious about this, if you have a reliever pitch 0.1 innings total, and he gives up a grand slam, the ERA is 108.00, and your Whip is 12.00