Stan And Ollie - Laurel and Hardy Biopic

Tools    

News has been around for a few weeks...

The movie is set in 1953 in Britain when the duo came to the UK but along with their ages and physical health getting the better of them, they were also marred by low audience attendances.

After making over 60 movies together, the duo were nearing the end of their run, and they knew it, and it put a strain on their friendship, their creative minds, their health (both physical and mental) but they pressed on anyway, and brought laughter to the masses as they approached their final performance.

BBC Films are producing, with John S Baird directing. No news as to when it's out though...

But, I'm kinda excited...

Not just by the subject, but the casting...

Steve Coogan and John C Reilly...

News in on this...

It's a 90% movie.
Lauded, celebrated, and absolutely loved by critics and general audiences.
Todd McCarthy from Hollywood Reporter said "Much of the time, you feel like you're beholding the real duo, so thoroughly conceived are the actors' physicality and performances."

Could be one to watch for in next year's Academy Awards.

I was able to identify John C. Reilly immediately when I first saw the trailer (but only by his eyes). The only other person I thought it might be behind that make-up was that Doctor from channel 5 news, Steve Brule.

But damn! What a make-up job! They made these guy's dead ringers in look, voice and mannerisms.

I love when actors actually look like the people they're depicting in bio-pics!