RIP Ron Ely, first TV Tarzan, 86

Tools    

Hate to hear this. I watched the tv series quite a bit. I thought it was funny that he played Tarzan talking plain English but somehow for a kid, it made it all the more entertaining. This from growing up loving the Johnny Weissmuller films. I remember him well from a entertaining action film from 1966 called The Night of the Grizzly that starred Clint Walker and a who's-who of character actors. Ely played the trouble making son of town boss Keenan Wynn and was pretty funny. I know I've seen him in scads of television shows. There's a film he did, Doc Savage: Man of Bronze (1975) that I never saw but wanted to. I'll have to search it out more earnestly now. But he'll always be TV's Tarzan for me. Godspeed, Ron.

There's a film he did, Doc Savage: Man of Bronze (1975) that I never saw but wanted to. I'll have to search it out more earnestly now. But he'll always be TV's Tarzan for me. Godspeed, Ron.
I have seen it - definitely worth watching, serious cult potential there

That's a shame. I did watch him as Tarzan but the only other thing I remember seeing him in was that Doc Savage: Man of Bronze moviedadgumblah mentioned. When I was a kid I read and loved a bunch of those pulp paperbacks featuring DS and his crew.

RIP Mr. Ely.