Please recommend new weird films

Tools    

I have tried to find some myself, yes, and it felt like I’d seen most of them, but I naturally have endless blind spots. By ‘new’ in this instance I mean post-2019, give or take, but it’s not a hard-and-fast rule so if something is older but sufficiently obscure and sufficiently weird, then please do recommend it! My heart longs for more Lynch and all that, I suppose, but I am actually looking for a newer ‘brand’ of weird films, à la Swallowed (2022), Poor Things (although Lanthimos feels almost obvious at this point and I’ve seen all this stuff, which yes I do mostly like), etc.

I recommend The People's Joker.

Is this actually worthwhile? Colour me intrigued.
Yes, totally. Watched it in the theater and also bought the blu-ray. It's everything that a good indie film should be, and it does more interesting things with DC characters than the studio has done in like 30 years....

The Substance (2024)
Massively looking forward to this but still not quite accessible here, as far as I know.

Edit: ah, I was wrong about that! Will try to see it on the big screen tomorrow.

Massively looking forward to this but still not quite accessible here, as far as I know.

Edit: ah, I was wrong about that! Will try to see it on the big screen tomorrow.
You like body horror? Because it's not an easy movie to watch if you aren't into that

You like body horror? Because it's not an easy movie to watch if you aren't into that
Oh, I love body horror. Glad it’s finally enjoying a renaissance, though I’ll watch most horror anyway.

I second Sorry to Bother You and The Lighthouse.

The Platform (2019) might fit your bill.

High Life (2018) is on the edge of your parameters, but I think it's worth your while.

Going a bit further, Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010), from Panos Cosmatos (Mandy), really stuck with me.

The Perfection (2018) is not perfect (no pun intended), but if you walk in blind, you might be pleasantly surprised... in a weird, icky way.

I second Sorry to Bother You and The Lighthouse.

The Platform (2019) might fit your bill.

High Life (2018) is on the edge of your parameters, but I think it's worth your while.

Going a bit further, Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010), from Panos Cosmatos (Mandy), really stuck with me.

The Perfection (2018) is not perfect (no pun intended), but if you walk in blind, you might be pleasantly surprised... in a weird, icky way.
Didn’t think Beyond the Black Rainbow was anything out of the ordinary, but it was good. I really like Mandy and The Perfection (have rewatched both multiple times). High Life and The Platform I thought were fine (I always welcome for more mature political philosophy in cinema, and The Platform tried), but nothing much imo.

Looks like Sorry to Bother You really is a blind spot — hoping to watch that tonight.