RIP Maggie Smith, 89

Tools    

Rest in peace, Dame Maggie.

For my generation she'll be always remembered as Minerva McGonagall, but her Oscar winning titular role in Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (based on a good novella) should not be missed... then I remember her turn in Othello, which she holds her own against Olivier, beautifully... and other pictures like A Room with a View or Secret Garden, where she always adds that "something" to the scenes she's in, if not to her on-screen partners as well (Judie Dench and HBC, especially)..... we lost a real one today.

Now I’m sad.

Obviously I grew up with her role in Harry Potter and loved her in the role. But since then I’ve seen her other work too and also just the loveliest person she seemed to be whenever I saw an interview with her.

89 is a great age, of course, but it did make me a little sad reading about her passing I must say.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Sad news to hear of her passing. As with many people I watched her in the Harry Potter movies as Mrs McGonagall. But she was a very talented actress who stared in many different movies throughout her long career.

RIP.

This is a real heartbreaker. I remember watching the 1970 Oscars and being upset that Dame Maggie won Best Actress over Jane Fonda...then I saw The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie and understood. What a career, and I'm just thinking of the stuff that I've actually seen...The VIPS, The Pumpkin Eater, The Honey Pot, Travels with my Aunt, Murder by Death, California Suite, Clash of the Titans, Sister Act, Hook, The First Wives Club, The Lady in the Van...spectacular actress who made every moment she had onscreen sparkle without ever stealing another actor's thunder. I guess I have to watch Downton Abbey now. RIP.

A great actress and a great lady.

RIP

A system of cells interlinked
Aw no

Sad news, indeed.

RIP you wonderful lady.