Born Today

Tools    

Trouble with a capital "T"
I'm not a big fan of Rock Hudson's acting, I think he's a bit aloof at times. BUT I was very surprised to see just how good of a comic actor he was in Man's Favorite Sport? It's the best comic role I've seen him in.Happy Birth Day to Robert Brown. When I was a kid I thought The Alternative Factor was one of the stupider Star Trek episodes. As I got older I realized the genus of the episode that was done in the Greek style with Lasaruz as a flawed demi god type figure.

Great photo of the Howard's!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm not a big fan of Rock Hudson's acting, I think he's a bit aloof at times. BUT I was very surprised to see just how good of a comic actor he was in Man's Favorite Sport? It's the best comic role I've seen him in.Happy Birth Day to Robert Brown. When I was a kid I thought The Alternative Factor was one of the stupider Star Trek episodes. As I got older I realized the genus of the episode that was done in the Greek style with Lasaruz as a flawed demi god type figure.

Great photo of the Howard's!

I love Rock Hudson, especially in his movies with Doris Day.

I agree about the Star Trek episode "The Alternative Factor". I wasn't a fan of it at first, but every time I see it, I like it a little bit more. It's not one of my favorite episodes, but it is a very underrated episode.

I'm glad you like the picture of Rance Howard with his kids. It took me a while to find a good picture of them together.

Born on November 18th:

Imogene Coca - Actress, Comedienne. Under the Yum Yum Tree, The Enchanted World of Danny Kaye: The Emperor's New Clothes, Rabbit Test, The Return of the Beverly Hillbillies, National Lampoon's Vacation, "Your Show of Shows", "The Imogene Coca Show", "Grindl", "It's About Time". She was a talented singer and dancer who took piano lessons at age 5, singing lessons at age 6, and dance class at age 7. She made her stage debut as a 9-year-old dancer, and then solo singing at age 11. She is best remembered for playing opposite Sid Caesar in the TV series "Your Show of Shows". In 1978, she was nominated for Broadway's Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical) for "On the Twentieth Century". She was nominated for six Emmy Awards, including four consecutive nominations from 1951-1954, and she won in 1952 for Best Actress. In 1954, she won the Peabody Award. On February 8, 1960, she received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 6256 Hollywood Blvd.

Linda Evans - Actress. Beach Blanket Bingo, The Big Rip-Off, Avalanche Express, Tom Horn, Kenny Rogers as The Gambler: The Adventure Continues, "The Big Valley", "Hunter", "North and South, Book II", "Dynasty". In 1964, she won the Miss Golden Globe Award at the Golden Globe Awards. From 1982-1986, she was noiminated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress five consecutive years for "Dynasty", winning the award in 1982. In 1983, she was nominated for an Emmy Award for Best Actress for "Dynasty". From 1982-1986, she won the People's Choice Award for 'Favorite Female TV Performer' five consecutive years. On August 20, 1987, she received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 6834 Hollywood Blvd.

Owen Wilson - Actor. Meet the Parents, Starsky & Hutch, Wedding Crashers, Cars, You, Me and Dupree, Marley & Me, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Marmaduke, Midnight in Paris, The Internship, The Grand Budapest Hotel. He is known for his improvisational abilities, and many of the funniest lines in his movies are his improvisations. He is a member of, what the media refers to as, "The Frat Pack," along with Will Ferrell, Jack Black, Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller, Steve Carell, and Luke Wilson. In 2002, he was nominated for an Academy Award, a BAFTA Award, and a Writers Guild of America (WGA) Award for Best Screenplay for The Royal Tenenbaums, (shared with Wes Anderson). In 2012, he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for Midnight in Paris. He is the brother of actor Luke Wilson.

Damon Wayans Jr. - Actor, Writer, Comedian. Blankman, Marmaduke, The Other Guys, Let's Be Cops, Big Hero 6, "My Wife and Kids", "Happy Endings", "New Girl". At age 20, he landed a job as a staff writer on the series "My Wife and Kids", becoming the youngest staff writer on television. In 2012, he was nominated for "Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series" at the NAACP Image Awards and Critic's Choice Television Awards for his work on "Happy Endings". He is the son of actor Damon Wayans, and the nephew of Dwayne Wayans, Keenen Ivory Wayans, and Marlon Wayans.

Elizabeth Perkins - Actress. From the Hip, Big, Sweet Hearts Dance, Avalon, He Said, She Said, The Flintstones, Crazy in Alabama, The Ring Two, Must Love Dogs, Hop, "Weeds", "How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life)". In 1986, she was nominated for a Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Principal Role in a Play for "Lydia Breeze", at the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois. In 2006 and 2007, she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for "Weeds". In 2006, 2007 and 2009, she was nominated for an Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actress for "Weeds".

Dennis Haskins - Actor. The Boy with the X-Ray Eyes, Max Keeble's Big Move, 18, The Stoneman, An Ordinary Killer, A Million Ways to Die in the West, "Good Morning, Miss Bliss", "Saved by the Bell", "Saved by the Bell: The New Class". Before pursuing a television career, he worked as a music manager, agent and concert promoter. Among his customers were 'Tom Jones' and Greg Allman. He wrote a guide for actors called "Rating the Agents". He is best known as the principal, "Mr. Belding", for the teen show "Saved by the Bell". He was the only regular cast member of "Saved by the Bell: The New Class" to remain with the series throughout its entire run.

Brenda Vaccaro - Actress. Midnight Cowboy, Capricorn One, Airport '77, Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, The Pride of Jesse Hallam, Zorro: The Gay Blade, Supergirl, The Mirror Has Two Faces, "Paper Dolls", "Johnny Bravo". She has been nominated for three Tony Awards: in 1966 as Best Supporting or Featured Actress (Dramatic) for "Cactus Flower", in 1968 as Best Actress (Musical) for "How Now, Dow Jones", and in 1969 as Best Actress (Dramatic) for "The Goodbye People". In 1970, she was nominated for two Golden Globe Awards: one for 'Most Promising Newcomer - Female' for Where It's At, and the second for Best Supporting Actress for Midnight Cowboy. In 1976, she was nominated for an Academy Award, and she won a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for Once Is Not Enough. She has been nominated for four Emmy Awards, winning in 1974 for Best Supporting Actress for "The Shape of Things". In 1992, she was named as "King of Brooklyn" at the Welcome Back to Brooklyn Festival.

Jameson Parker - Actor. The Bell Jar, A Small Circle of Friends, Callie & Son, White Dog, Prince of Darkness, "Simon & Simon", "The Legend of Prince Valiant", "JAG". He is best known for his role as A.J. Simon on the TV series "Simon & Simon". In 1992, he was shot by a neighbor near his home. He made a full recovery, and the neighbor was convicted of attempted murder and sentenced to nine years in prison. He won the "Sandoz-Jeff's Companion Animal Shelter Award" in the Dog Writers Association Writing Contest for his article "Eulogy" (Ducks Unlimited). He has written four books, including "An Accidental Cowboy" which recounts his life after "Simon & Simon".

Writers, Singers, Athletes, etc. born on November 18th:

Alan Shepard - Astronaut. In 1961, he was the first American in space, and the only one of the original Mercury astronauts to walk on the moon. In 1961, he should have been the first man in space, but NASA postponed his flight from March 6, 1961 to May 5th. This allowed the Soviet Union the opportunity to put cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin into space on April 12, 1961, and Gagarin also became the first person in space, and the first person to orbit the Earth. In 1971, Shepard commanded the Apollo 14 mission, piloting the lander to the most accurate landing of the Apollo missions. At age 47, he was the oldest astronaut in the program, and the oldest person to walk on the Moon. During the mission, he became the only astronaut of the original Mercury Seven to walk on the Moon, and he hit two golf balls on the lunar surface. In 1977, he was enshrined in the National Aviation Hall of Fame. In 1990, he was inducted into the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame. On May 4, 2011, the U.S. Postal Service issued a first-class stamp in Shepard's honor, the first U.S. stamp to depict a specific astronaut.

William S. Gilbert - He was an English dramatist, librettist, poet and illustrator best known for the fourteen comic operas (known as the Savoy operas) produced in collaboration with the composer Sir Arthur Sullivan. The most famous of these include "H.M.S. Pinafore", "The Pirates of Penzance", and one of the most frequently performed works in the history of musical theatre, "The Mikado". His creative output included over 75 plays and libretti, numerous stories, poems, lyrics and various other comic and serious pieces. In 2001, three Gilbert & Sullivan musical productions, "H.M.S. Pinafore", "The Mikado", and "The Pirates of Penzeance" were all nominated for Outstanding Musical Production at the Laurence Olivier Theatre Awards.

Alan Dean Foster - Fantasy and Science Fiction Writer. He was the ghostwriter of the original novelization of Star Wars which had been credited solely to George Lucas. He was one of the first authors to write a book about the "Star Wars" characters having nothing to do with George Lucas' original trilogy storyline. It's titled "Splinter of the Mind's Eye", and it was written after the first "Star Wars", centering on adventures featuring "Luke" and "Leia". He wrote the story for the movie Star Trek: The Motion Picture. He also wrote 10 books based on episodes of the animated Star Trek, the first six books each consisting of three linked novella-length episode adaptations, and the last four being expanded adaptations of single episodes that segued into original story. He also wrote the novelization of the 2009 film Star Trek, his first Star Trek novel in over 30 years, and the novelization for Star Trek's sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness. He is the nephew of "Batman" TV series producer Howie Horwitz, and the cousin of singer Lesley Gore and composer Michael Gore.

Johnny Mercer - Singer, Songwriter and Lyricist who was a co-founder of Capitol Records. He is best known as a lyricist, but he also composed music. He wrote the lyrics to more than fifteen hundred songs, including compositions for movies and Broadway shows. He was best known during WWII for his hit, "Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive". He became the premier American lyricist in post-War America. He received 19 Academy Award nominations, and won four Oscars including Best Original Song for "Moon River" (in 1962) from Breakfast at Tiffany's, and "Days of Wine and Roses" (in 1963 from Days of Wine and Roses, (both shared with Henry Mancini). He was also nominated for four Golden Globe Awards, winning two awards for Best Song, and he received three Grammy Award nominations, winning Song of the Year in 1962 for "Moon River". In 1971, he was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. On February 8, 1960, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 1628 Vine Street.

Johnny Mercer & The Pied Pipers - Accentuate the Positive

Hank Ballard - He was a rhythm and blues singer and songwriter, who was the lead vocalist of Hank Ballard and The Midnighters. He was one of the first rock 'n' roll artists to emerge in the early 1950s. Their songs included "Teardrops on Your Letter" (#4), "Finger Poppin' Time" (#7), and "Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go" (#6). He wrote and recorded "The Twist" which spread the popularity of the dance, and was notably covered by Chubby Checker. In 1968, after the Midnighters disbanded, he released the single, "How You Gonna Get Respect (When You Haven't Cut Your Process Yet)", which peaked at #15 on the R&B chart. In 1990, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His cousin, Florence Ballard, was a member of the Detroit girl group The Supremes.

Hank Ballard and The Midnighters - Finger Poppin Time

John Parr - Singer, Songwriter, Musician who has sold 10 million albums worldwide, and has written and performed 12 Hollywood movie themes, including 3 Men & A Baby, Near Dark, and Schwarzenegger's The Running Man. He is best known for his 1984 number one hit single "Naughty Naughty", and for his 1985 number one hit single "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)". In 1985, he was nominated for a Grammy award for "St Elmo's Fire". He also wrote "Under a Raging Moon" with Julia Downs for Roger Daltrey, a song that paid tribute to Keith Moon and told the story of The Who. In 1989, he played the lead role in "Paris", an epic rock opera. The album went on to win many awards around the world.

John Parr - St Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)

David Ortiz - Professional MLB Baseball Player. Nicknamed "Big Papi", he is a Dominican-American professional baseball player who is a designated hitter, but he occasionally plays first base for the Boston Red Sox. He played with the Minnesota Twins from 1997-2002. He is a nine-time All-Star, a three-time World Series champion and he holds the Red Sox single-season record for home runs with 54, set during the 2006 season. He has hit 466 career home runs, which ranks 33rd on the MLB all-time home run list. He is the all-time leader in MLB history for home runs (415), runs batted in (RBIs) (1,343) and hits (1,890) by a DH. He was voted the Most Value Player of American League Championship Series in 2004, when the Boston Red Sox finally topped their hated rivals, the New York Yankees in the playoffs. In the two rounds of playoffs, he batted .400 (22-for-55) with five homers, 19 RBIs and 13 runs scored in 14 games. The Red Sox, cleared of the Yankees Curse, went on to win their first World Series since Babe Ruth was their star pitcher in 1918. He was named the Most valuable player of 2013 World Series. He also finished third in Boston's mayoral race in 2013 with 560 write-in votes. In 2009, he was named to the Sports Illustrated MLB All-Decade Team, and The Sporting News named him the Designated Hitter of the Decade.

Gary Sheffield - Retired MLB Baseball Player who played as an outfielder with eight teams in the major leagues from 1988 to 2009. He is a 9-time All-Star, and a 5-time Silver Slugger Award winner, who had 8 seasons with 30 or more home runs. On April 17, Sheffield hit his 500th home run, becoming the 25th player in MLB history to reach that milestone, the first player to achieve this as a pinch hitter. He is the nephew of former All-Star pitcher Dwight Gooden.

Born on November 19th:

Gene Tierney - Actress. Belle Starr, Rings on Her Fingers, China Girl, Heaven Can Wait (1943), Laura, Leave Her to Heaven, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, On the Riviera, Advise & Consent. She is best known for her role as the enigmatic murder victim in Laura. Darryl F. Zanuck, founder of 20th Century Fox, said she was unquestionably the most beautiful woman in movie history. In 1946, she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress for Leave Her to Heaven. On February 8, 1960, she received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6125 Hollywood Blvd. She shares a birthday with her Laura co-star Clifton Webb.

Clifton Webb - Actor. Laura, The Razor's Edge (1946), Sitting Pretty, Mr. Belvedere Goes to College, Cheaper by the Dozen (1950), For Heaven's Sake, Dreamboat, Stars and Stripes Forever, Titanic (1953), Three Coins in the Fountain, Boy on a Dolphin, The Remarkable Mr. Pennypacker, Satan Never Sleeps. He created the role of Charles Condomine in Noel Coward's "Blithe Spirit" on the London and New York stages. He introduced Irving Berlin's classic song "Easter Parade" on the Broadway stage. He was the inspiration for Mr. Peabody on "The Bullwinkle Show". In 1945, he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for Laura. In 1945, he was nominated for an Academy Award, and he won a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor for The Razor's Edge. In 1949, he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor for Sitting Pretty. In 1953, he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for Stars and Stripes Forever. On February 8, 1960, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Pictures at 6850 Hollywood Blvd. He shares a birthday with his Laura co-star Gene Tierney.

Meg Ryan - Actress. Top Gun, Innerspace, When Harry Met Sally..., Joe Versus the Volcano, Prelude to a Kiss, Sleepless in Seattle, When a Man Loves a Woman, Anastasia, City of Angels, You've Got Mail, Proof of Life, Kate & Leopold. She has been nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress three times: in 1990 for When Harry Met Sally..., in 1994 for Sleepless in Seattle, and in 1999 for You've Got Mail. In 1998, she was nominated for an Annie Award for 'Outstanding Individual Achievement for Voice Acting by a Female Performer in an Animated Feature Production' for Anastasia. She co-starred with Dennis Quaid in two movies, and they married on Valentine's Day in 1991. Her scene at the restaurant in the 1989 movie When Harry Met Sally... became famous, and she was nominated for both the Golden Globe and the BAFTA.

Katz's Delicatessen Scene in When Harry Met Sally

Jodie Foster - Actress, Director, Producer. Tom Sawyer (1973), Taxi Driver, Bugsy Malone, Freaky Friday, The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane, Foxes, The Hotel New Hampshire, The Accused, The Silence of the Lambs, Little Man Tate, Nell, Contact, Panic Room, Flightplan, Nim's Island, The Beaver, "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", "My Three Sons", "Paper Moon". She began acting in commercials at the age of three, and her first significant role came in 1976 as a child prostitute in Taxi Driver, for which she received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. She won an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in 1989, for playing a rape victim in The Accused. She won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a BAFTA Award for Best Actress as Clarice Starling in the 1991 movie The Silence of the Lambs. She has won two Academy Awards, three BAFTA Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, the Cecil B DeMille Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. In 2003, her Oscar-winning role as Clarice Starling from her 1991 film The Silence of the Lambs was ranked #6 in the American Film Institute's "Heroes" list in AFI's 100 Years... 100 Heroes & Villains. In 2006, her performance as Sarah Tobias in The Accused is ranked #56 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time. In 2007, she was ranked #18 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list . She was ranked #4 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars".

Alan Young - Actor, Voice Actor. Mr. Belvedere Goes to College, Androcles and the Lion, Gentlemen Marry Brunettes, The Time Machine (1960), The Cat from Outer Space, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Bunnicula, the Vampire Rabbit, The Great Mouse Detective, The Time Machine (2002), "Mister Ed", "Battle of the Planets", "Alvin & the Chipmunks", "Coming of Age", "The Smurfs", "DuckTales". By age 17, he was writing and performing in his own radio show for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The show was broadcast in the U.S., and he was popular on American radio from 1944 to 1949 with his "Alan Young Radio Show". In 1950, he wrote a television pilot for CBS which resulted in "The Alan Young Show". The show was a well-received live revue that ran for 3 years, won a couple of Emmy Awards, and it earned him a star on the "Walk of Fame". He is best known as Wilbur Post in the TV series "Mister Ed", and as the voice of Scrooge McDuck in "DuckTales". He is the only actor to appear in both the 1960 and the 2002 versions of The Time Machine. In 1951, he was nominated for an Emmy Award for Most Outstanding Personality, and he won an Emmy Award for Best Actor. In 1977, he was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Recording for Children as the voice of Mickey Mouse for "Disney's A Christmas Carol". He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Radio at 6927 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.

Allison Janney - Actress. The Ice Storm, Julian Po, Primary Colors, The Object of My Affection, Six Days Seven Nights, 10 Things I Hate About You, American Beauty, Finding Nemo, Over the Hedge, Juno, The Help, The Way Way Back, "The West Wing", "Mr. Sunshine", "Mom". From 2001-2004, she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for "The West Wing" four consecutive years. From 200-2014, she was nominated for eight Emmy Awards, winning six times. On stage, she played in a revival of Arthur Miller's "A View From the Bridge" on Broadway opposite Anthony LaPaglia, which earned her a Tony Award nomination, and a Drama League Award for outstanding artist for the 1997-98 season. She also played in Noel Coward's "Present Laughter" opposite Frank Langella, which earned her the Outer Critics Circle Award and an Actors' Equity award, and she appeared in the New York Shakespeare Festival's production of "The Taming of the Shrew". In 2009, she won a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Musical for her performance as Violet Newstead in "9 to 5", the musical version of the film Nine to Five. She was also nominated for the Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical

Robert Beltran - Actor. Eating Raoul, Lone Wolf McQuade, Night of the Comet, Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills, Bugsy, Nixon, Free Birds, "Models Inc.", "Star Trek: Voyager", "Big Love". He is best known as Commander Chakotay on the TV series "Star Trek: Voyager", for which he received a Nosotros Golden Eagle Award as best actor in a television series. He founded and serves as co-artistic director of the East LA Classic Theater Group, with a staff of professional actors. There, he played Hamlet, and served as co-producer as well as director. He appeared in "A Midsummer Night's Dream", "King Henry IV", "A Touch of the Poet", and "The Price".

Terry Farrell - Actress. The Deliberate Stranger, Back to School, Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth, Tripping the Rift, "Paper Dolls", "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine", "Becker". She is best known for her roles as Jadzia Dax in the TV series "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine", and as diner owner Reggie Kostas on "Becker". An asteroid discovered on April 23, 2001 has been renamed 26734 Terryfarrell in her honor.

Terry Farrell with Ted Danson in "Becker"

Kathleen Quinlan - Actress. American Graffiti, Airport '77, I Never Promised You a Rose Garden, Hanky Panky, Twilight Zone: The Movie, Clara's Heart, The Doors, Apollo 13, Event Horizon, My Giant, "Family Law", "Prison Break", "Chicago Fire". In 1996, she was nominated for an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for Apollo 13. In 1978, she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for I Never Promised You a Rose Garden.

Jason Scott Lee - Actor. Born in East L.A., Back to the Future Part II, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, The Jungle Book (1994), Lilo & Stitch, Dracula II: Ascension, Balls of Fury. He was chosen by Goldsea Asian American Daily as one of the "100 Most Inspiring Asian Americans of All Time". Although they share the same surname, Jason Scott Lee is of no relation to Bruce Lee.

Dan Haggerty - Actor. Muscle Beach Party, The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams, The Adventures of Frontier Fremont, King of the Mountain, Grizzly Mountain, "The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams". He is the only person to have his star REMOVED from the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It was actually meant to honor another actor, the late Don Haggerty, and the committee made an error in spelling. Eventually Dan received a legitimate star, now located in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre. The reason for the confusion on the Walk of Fame stars was not simply the similar names but that Dan's Dad is Don Haggerty. On February 1, 1994, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 7070 Hollywood Blvd.

Scott McGinnis - Actor, Director. Racing with the Moon, Making the Grade, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Secret Admirer, Thunder Alley, You Can't Hurry Love, "Operation Petticoat", "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show". He is best known to Star Trek fans as "Mr. Adventure" in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. He was the co-creator of 360 Entertainment, leading the development team producing films with partner Robert Patrick for Paramount and Warner Bros. home video. One of these productions led to a Saturn Award for Best Home Video Release. He then directed over twenty-five episodes of network television, and he produced and directed two reality TV pilots for MTV and Turner Networks.

Writers, TV Hosts, Singers, Musicians, Athletes, etc. born on November 19th:

Charlie Kaufman - Writer, Producer. Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Synecdoche, New York, "The Edge", "The Dana Carvey Show", "Ned and Stacey". In 2000, he was nominated for an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Writers Guild of America (WGA) Award, and he won a BAFTA Award for Best Screenplay for Being John Malkovich. In 2003, he was nominated for an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Writers Guild of America (WGA) Award, and he won a BAFTA Award for Best Screenplay for Adaption. In 2005, he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award, and he won an Academy Award, a BAFTA Award, and a Writers Guild of America (WGA) Award for Best Screenplay for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Dick Cavett - He is a former American TV Talk Show Host known for his conversational style and in-depth discussions. He appeared regularly on nationally broadcast television in the United States in five consecutive decades, the 1960s through the 2000s. In recent years, he has written a column for the online New York Times, promoted DVDs of his former shows, as well as a book of his Times columns, and hosted replays of his classic TV interviews with Groucho Marx, Katharine Hepburn, Judy Garland, Marlon Brando, John Lennon and others on Turner Classic Movies channel. From 1970-1979, he was nominated for an Emmy Award eight times for "The Dick Cavett Show", winning the award in 1972 for 'Outstanding Variety Series - Talk', and in 1974 for 'Special Classification of Outstanding Program and Individual Achievement'. In 2012, he was nominated for an Emmy Award for 'Outstanding Variety Special' for "Mel Brooks and Dick Cavett Together Again". In 1991, he was inducted into the Nebraska Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame.

Larry King - TV and Radio Host, Actor, Voice Artist, and Comedian whose work has been recognized with awards including two Peabodys and 10 Cable ACE Awards. From 1985 to 2010, he hosted the nightly interview television program "Larry King Live" on CNN. He never prepares for interviews. His reasoning is that the average audience member knows little or nothing about a given show guest, so he prefers to begin as they would begin, and learn about the guest during the course of the show. In 1989, he was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame. In 1995, he was named as "King of Brooklyn" at the Welcome Back to Brooklyn Festival. He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6616 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.

Ted Turner - He is an American media mogul and philanthropist who is the founder of the cable news network CNN, the first 24-hour cable news channel. He founded WTBS, which pioneered the superstation concept in cable television. He created the environmental-themed animated series Captain Planet and the Planeteers. As a philanthropist, he is known for his $1 billion gift to support the United Nations, which created the United Nations Foundation, a public charity to broaden support for the UN. He serves as Chairman of the United Nations Foundation board of directors. He turned the Atlanta Braves baseball team into a nationally popular franchise, and he launched the charitable Goodwill Games. He helped reinvent interest in professional wrestling when he owned one of the most popular wrestling companies of the middle to late 1990s known as World Championship Wrestling (WCW). The Monday night show that it put on was the highest rated on cable and helped boost Turner's channels of TNT and WTBS. As the former owner of the MLB's Atlanta Braves, on May 11, 1977, he managed the Atlanta Braves for one game before baseball commissioner Bowie Kuhn, ordered him to step down. He was told that anyone who owned stock in a team was forbidden to manage it. In 1991, he became the first media figure to be named Time magazine's Man of the Year, and he was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame. On April 7, 2004, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 7000 Hollywood Blvd.

Calvin Klein - He is an American Fashion Designer who, in 1968, launched the company that would later become Calvin Klein Inc. In addition to clothing, Klein also has given his name to a range of perfumes, watches, and jewelry. He is best known for his 1970s jeans, famously advertised with a commercial featuring Brooke Shields, and 1990s underwear collection, promoted with giant billboards showing Mark Wahlberg. From 1973-1975, he received the Coty Award for three consecutive years. In 1981, 1983 and 1993, he received an award from Councils of Fashion Designs of America.

Mark Harris - He was the author of five non-fiction books, a collection of essays, and thirteen novels, including "Bang The Drum Slowly", part of a series of five novels about Henry Wiggen, a pitcher for the fictitious New York Mammoths professional baseball team. In 1956, "Bang the Drum Slowly" was adapted for an installment of the dramatic television anthology series "The United States Steel Hour". The production starred Paul Newman as Wiggen and Albert Salmi as doomed catcher Bruce Pearson. The novel also became a major motion picture in 1973, with a screenplay written by Harris, directed by John D. Hancock, and featuring Michael Moriarty as Wiggen and Robert De Niro as Pearson.

Roy Campanella - Former Professional Baseball Player, primarily as a catcher for the Brooklyn Dodgers from 1948-1957. He played for the Negro leagues and Mexican League for several seasons before he was accepted by the minor leagues in 1946. He debuted in Major League Baseball in 1948. His playing career was ended in 1958 when he was paralyzed in an automobile accident. He is widely considered to have been one of the greatest catchers of the history of the game. He played in the All-Star Game every year from 1949 through 1956. In 1951, 1953, and 1955, he was named the National League's Most Valuable Player. Duringr his career, he threw out 57% of the base runners who tried to steal a base on him, the highest by any catcher in major league history. In 1969, he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. In 1971, he was elected to the Mexican League Hall Of Fame. In 1972, his uniform number 39 was retired by the Los Angeles Dodgers. In 1999, he ranked number 50 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Baseball Players, and he was a nominee for the Major League Baseball All-Century Team. He wrote the inspirational book "It’s Good to Be Alive", published in 1959, which details his journey back from the near-fatal car accident that left him paralyzed. The 1974 movie It’s Good to Be Alive was the TV-movie directorial debut of Michael Landon.

Ryan Howard - Professional MLB Baseball Player. He is a first baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies who holds numerous MLB and Phillies' franchise records. In 2005, he won the National League (NL) Rookie of the Year Award, In 2006, he won the NL Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award. He is a five-time NL All-Star (2006–2010), and he has won Silver Slugger Award, Hank Aaron Award, and in 2009, he won the NL Championship Series MVP Award. He is a two-time NL home run champion (2006, 2008), and in 2007 and 2009, he became the fastest player to reach both the 100 and 200 home run milestones in MLB history.

Ahmad Rashad - He is a Former Professional NFL Football Player who was a wide receiver for the St. Louis Cardinals, the Buffalo Bills, and most notably, the Minnesota Vikings, where he earned four Pro Bowl selections from 1978 to 1981. During his pro football career, he caught 495 passes for 6,831 yards and 44 touchdowns, while also rushing for 52 yards. After his football career, he became a sportscaster. He proposed to his future wife Phylicia Rashad on national TV during the halftime show of NBC's Thanksgiving Day broadcast of the game between the Detroit Lions and the New York Jets. Earlier in the day, she had worked NBC's Macy's Thanksgiving Day telecast. Within minutes of hearing his request, she came on NBC's "NFL Live" halftime set and accepted his proposal live on TV. O.J. Simpson was his best man at his 1985 wedding to Phylicia Rashad.

Tommy Dorsey - He was an American Jazz Trombonist, Trumpeter, Composer, and Bandleader of the Big Band era. He was known as "The Sentimental Gentleman of Swing", because of his smooth-toned trombone playing. He is best remembered for standards such as "Song of India", "Maria", "On Treasure Island", "The Music Goes 'Round and Around", and "You". In 1981, he was inducted into the Big Band and Jazz Hall of Fame. In 1989, he was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame. In 1982, the 1940 Victor recording "I'll Never Smile Again" was the first of a trio of Tommy Dorsey recordings to be inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. His theme song, "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You" was inducted in 1998, along with his recording of "Marie" written by Irving Berlin in 1928. He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Reocrding at 6675 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California. He was the younger brother of bandleader Jimmy Dorsey. The brothers had their own television show, "Stage Show", from 1955 to 1956. They introduced future rock musician Elvis Presley to national television audiences, prior to Presley's better known appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show". In 1996, the U.S. Postal Service issued a Tommy Dorsey and Jimmy Dorsey commemorative postage stamp.

Tommy Dorsey - "Marie" from the movie The Fabulous Dorseys

Billy Currington - Country Music Singer, Songwriter who has released five studio albums that have produced ten singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts, including eight No. 1 hits including "Must Be Doin' Somethin' Right", "Good Directions", "People Are Crazy", "That's How Country Boys Roll", "Pretty Good at Drinkin' Beer", "Let Me Down Easy", "Hey Girl", and "We Are Tonight". He has also charted as a duet partner on Shania Twain's single "Party for Two" and his own non-album single "Tangled Up", for a total of eleven Top 40 hits. In 2010, he was nominated for a Grammy Award for 'Male Country Vocal Performance', and Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards for 'Single Record of the Year' and Song' of the Year' for the song "People Are Crazy".

Billy Currington - People Are Crazy

It's a big Birthday in the 24th century!

Robert Beltran - I really liked Voyager and Commander Chakotay. It was kind of lame the writers didn't give him more episodes revolving around his character. Chakotay is kind of a quiet character that gives the show a foundation. The 'evil' Chakotay from Living Witness.

Terry Farrell - Jadzia Dax. I'm a HUGE fan of Deep Space Nine. At first I didn't really like the Dax character but after a couple of seasons they really developed her character. Terry is a memorable actresses full of vitality. I always liked her spots, but not her hair bun. Unless you count Dax from the alternative universe.

Born on November 20th:

Chester Gould - He was an American cartoonist, best known as the creator of the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, which he wrote and drew from 1931 to 1977, incorporating numerous colorful and monstrous villains. "Dick Tracy" was one of the first strips to show the effects of violence on people. Many readers were shocked when a strip clearly showed Tracy shooting a villain in the face. The strip was a huge success, not only spawning a number of spin-offs, but entering the public consciousness as well. In 1959 and 1977, he won the National Cartoonists Society's Reuben Award. In 1980, the Mystery Writers of America honored him and his work with a Special Edgar Award. In 1995, the strip "Dick Tracy" was one of 20 included in the Comic Strip Classics series of commemorative postage stamps and postcards. In 2005, he was inducted into the Oklahoma Cartoonists Hall of Fame.

Robert F. Kennedy - He was an American politician from Massachusetts who was commonly known by his initials RFK or his nickname "Bobby". He was the 64th U.S. Attorney General from 1961 to 1964, serving under his older brother, President John F. Kennedy and his successor, President Lyndon B. Johnson. He served as a Senator for New York from 1965 until his assassination in 1968. In 1965, still mourning his brother John's death, he journeyed to Canada to climb Mount Kennedy (on the Alaskan-Canadian border) which had been named in his brother's honor. Breaking away from the team of experienced mountain climbers, Kennedy made it to the summit making him the first man ever to reach the top. In 1969, D.C. Stadium in Washington, D.C. was renamed Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium. In 1978, the United States Congress posthumously awarded him its Gold Medal of Honor. He is pictured on a 15¢ US commemorative postage stamp issued in his honor on January 12, 1979. He was the uncle of Maria Shriver, the ex-uncle-in-law of Arnold Schwarzenegger, and the ex-brother-in-law of Peter Lawford.

Sean Young - Actress. Stripes, Blade Runner, Young Doctors in Love, Dune, No Way Out, A Kiss Before Dying, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, "The Young and the Restless". She was cast as Vicky Vale in Tim Burton's version of Batman, but she was replaced with Kim Basinger after she sustained an injury riding a horse. She has played a female alter ego of a man, (in Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde), and a man surgically altered into a woman (in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective).

Bo Derek - Actress. 10, Tarzan, the Ape Man, Bolero, Tommy Boy, Malibu's Most Wanted, Hunt for the I-5 Killer, "Fashion House". In 1980, she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for 'New Star of the Year in a Motion Picture - Female' for 10. She formed "Svengali Productions" with her late husband, John Derek.

Richard Dawson - Actor, Game Show Host. Munster, Go Home!, The Devil's Brigade, Treasure Island, The Running Man, "Hogan's Heroes", "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In", "The New Dick Van Dyke Show", "Match Game 73", "Family Feud". He is best known as the lovable British Corporal Peter Newkirk on the TV series "Hogan's Heroes", and as the host of the TV game show "Family Feud", and a regular guest on the game show "Match Game". His trademark on "Family Feud" was kissing all the female contestants, and it was one of the things that made the show a warm and friendly program, along with his quick wit, subtle jokes, and his ability to make people feel at ease with being on camera. From 1978-1985, he was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Host in a Game Show for "Family Feud" seven times, winning the award in 1978. He was ranked #14 on Life's 15 Best Game Show Hosts. He was ranked #5 as GSN's Top 10 Game Show Hosts of All Time.

Dick Smothers - Actor, Comedian. Alice Through the Looking Glass, Speed Zone, Casino, The Informant!, "My Brother the Angel", "The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour". In 1969 and 1988, he was nominated for an Emmy Award for 'Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Program' for "The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour". He is the younger brother of Tom Smothers. On November 2, 1989, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 6555 Hollywood Blvd., (shared with Tom Smothers as "The Smothers Brothers").

The Smothers Brothers

Richard Masur - Actor, Director. Semi-Tough, Hanover Street, Scavenger Hunt, Heaven's Gate, The Thing, Risky Business, The Burning Bed, Heartburn, My Girl, And the Band Played On, "Rhoda", "One Day at a Time". He is best remembered as Bonnie Franklin's lumpish, even-natured boyfriend, David, in the early seasons of "One Day at a Time". In 1985, he was nominated for an Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actor for "The Burning Bed". In 1990, he was nominated for a Directors Guild of America (DGA) Award for 'Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Dramatic Shows - Daytime' for the episode "Torn Between Two Fathers" of "ABC Afterschool Specials". In 1987, is first project as a director, "Love Struck", a 23-minute film which he both wrote and directed, was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film. From 1995-1999, he served two 2-year terms as president of Screen Actors Guild.

Estelle Parsons - Actress. Bonnie and Clyde, Rachel, Rachel, Watermelon Man, I Never Sang for My Father, For Pete's Sake, Dick Tracy (1990), "Roseanne". She is best remembered as Beverly Lorraine Harris, Roseanne and Jackie's zany, manipulative and pretentious mother on "Roseanne". She was nominated for a Tony Award for Best Actress for her performances in "The Seven Descents of Myrtle" (1968), "And Miss Reardon Drinks A Little (1971)", "Miss Margarida's Way" (1978), and "Mornings at Seven" (2002). In 1968, she won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for Bonnie and Clyde. In 1969, she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for Rachel, Rachel. In 1971, she was nominated for a BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actress for Watermelon Man.

Kaye Ballard - Actress, Comedienne, Singer. "Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella" (1957), The Girl Most Likely, A House Is Not a Home, Which Way to the Front?, Freaky Friday, The Ritz (1976), Tiger Warsaw, Baby Geniuses, "The Mothers-In-Law", "The Doris Day Show". In 1943, she toured with Spike Jones and His Orchestra for two years as his featured vocalist and flute/tuba player. In 1946, she made her Broadway debut with the revue "Three to Make Ready". From there she showcased in the musicals "Once in a Lifetime," "Touch and Go" (in London), "Annie Get Your Gun", and the burlesque show "Top Banana". In 1995, she was awarded a Golden Palm Star on the Palm Springs Walk of Stars.

Kaye Ballard - In Other Words (Fly me to the Moon)

Jeremy Jordan - Actor, Stage Actor, Singer. Joyful Noise, "Smash". In 2009, he landed his first Broadway show, "Rock of Ages" as a swing, understudying several roles including the lead. In December of 2009, he left "Rock of Ages" to play Tony in Broadway's "West Side Story". In 2011, he earned the Theater World Award for his performance in "Bonnie & Clyde" on Broadway. In 2012, he received a Tony nomination as Best Actor in a Musical for "Newsies". In 2013, he was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album, (along with the cast of the Broadway show "Newsies") for "Newsies: Original Broadway Cast Recording".

Jeremy Jordan and Katharine McPhee - I Heard Your Voice In A Dream (from the TV show "SMASH")

Joe Walsh - Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Multi-Instrumentalist, and Record Producer whose career spanned more than 40 years. He has been a member of five successful rock bands: the Eagles, the James Gang, Barnstorm, The Party Boys, and Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band. He has also experienced success both as a solo artist and prolific session musician, being featured on a wide array of other artists' recordings. In 2011, he was ranked at #54 on Rolling Stone's list of "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". In 1998, Guitarist magazine selected the guitar solos on the Eagles' track "Hotel California", by Walsh and Don Felder, as the best guitar solos of all time, and eighth of the Top 100 Guitar Solos. In 1998, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Eagles. In 2001, he was inducted into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame as a member of the Eagles.

Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good to Me, So Far

Dierks Bentley - Country Music Singer, Songwriter. He has released seven albums, and he had eighteen singles on the country singles chart, of which twelve have reached No. 1, including his debut single "What Was I Thinkin'", as well as "Come a Little Closer", "Settle for a Slowdown", "Every Mile a Memory", "Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)", "Feel That Fire", "Sideways", "Am I the Only One", "Home", "5-1-5-0", "I Hold On", and "Drunk on a Plane". In addition, four more of his singles have reached the Top 5 on the country singles chart. In 2004, he won the Breakthrough Video of the Year Award for "What Was I Thinkin'" at the CMT Music Awards, and the Top New Artist Award at the ACM Awards. In 2009, he won the CMT Performance of the Year Award for "Country Boy" at the CMT Music Awards. He has been nominated for 12 CMA Awards, winning two, including the Horizon Award as the Best New Artist in 2005. He has also been nominated for 10 Grammy Awards. On Oct. 1, 2005, was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry.

Dierks Bentley - What Was I Thinkin' (Live at the Grand Ole Opry)

Josh Turner - Country Music Singer, Songwriter. In 2003, his debut album's title track, "Long Black Train", was his breakthrough single release. In 2006, his second album, "Your Man", included his first two number one hits: "Your Man" and "Would You Go with Me". His 2007 album "Everything Is Fine" included the No. 2 hit "Firecracker". His 2010 album "Haywire" produced his biggest hit, the #1 song "Why Don't We Just Dance", and another #1 song, "All Over Me". His 2012 album "Punching Bag" included the lead-off single "Time Is Love", which was the biggest hit of 2012 according to Billboard Year-End. He has been nominated for seven CMA Awards, including the Horizon Award as the Best New Artist in 2004 and 2006, two ACM Awards, including Top New Artist in 2004, two Grammy Awards, including Country Album of the Year in 2007 for his album "Your Man", and one CMT Music Award for Breakthrough Video of the Year in 2004 for "Long Black Train". In 2007, he was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry.

Josh Turner - Your Man

Mark Gastineau - He is a Former NFL Football Player who was a leading defensive end for the New York Jets from 1979 to 1988. He was a five-time Pro Bowler whose 107½ quarterback sacks in only his first 100 starts in the NFL made him one of the quickest and most feared pass rushers of his generation. He is ranked the 8th greatest pass rusher in NFL History on NFL Network's NFL Top 10 Pass Rushers. In 1984, he was voted the UPI AFC Defensive Player of the Year, and he was also named MVP of that season's Pro Bowl after tallying four sacks and a safety in that game. He was teamed with Joe Klecko, Abdoul Salaam, and Marty Lyons to form the famous New York Sack Exchange Jets defense in the early 1980s.

Happy Birthday Joe Walsh and Richard Dawson!

I remember Gastineau; I wonder how well he'd do in today's NFL. I thought Klecko was better.

Richard Dawson did some great TV guest appearances too. He was on an episode of "The Dick Van Dyke Show", and he played himself on an episode of "The Odd Couple".

I'm not a football fan, but being a New Yorker, I recognized the name Mark Gastineau when I saw it, so I figured that he must have been a good football player, or I wouldn't have heard of him.

Born on November 21st:

Harold Ramis - He was an actor, director, producer who wrote four of the American Film Institute's 100 Funniest Movies including Ghostbusters (#28), Groundhog Day (#34), Animal House (#36), and Caddyshack (#71). Meatballs, Stripes, and Back to School were also nominated, but did not make the list. Sadly, he died earlier this year at age 69.

Goldie Hawn - I loved her in Private Benjamin and Seems Like Old Times. She is the mother of actor Oliver Hudson and actress Kate Hudson. She is in a long-term relationship with actor Kurt Russell.

Andrew Davis - He is a director, producer, writer and cinematographer who is known for directing a number of successful action thrillers including Code of Silence, Above the Law, Under Siege and The Fugitive.

Joseph Campanella - He is a character actor who has appeared in more than two hundred television and film roles, including a recurring role as Ed Cooper, the father of the Julie and Barbara Cooper on the TV series "One Day at a Time". His distinctive voice has often been heard over the years in the narration of numerous documentaries. He is the younger brother of actor Frank Campanella.

Laurence Luckinbill - Actor who is best known to Star Trek fans as Sybok in the movie Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. He is married to actress Lucie Arnaz, the son-in-law of Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball, and the brother-in-law of Desi Arnaz Jr.

Marlo Thomas - Actress best known as Ann Marie on the TV series "That Girl". She is the daughter of show business legend Danny Thomas.

Nicollette Sheridan - Actress best known for playing Edie Britt on the ABC dramedy series "Desperate Housewives", and as Paige Matheson of the CBS primetime soap opera "Knots Landing". She was also in the 1992 comedy Noises Off..., which is one of my favorite movies.

Alexander Siddig - Actor who is best known to Star Trek fans as Dr. Julian Bashir in the TV series "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine". In 1997, he married his "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" co-star Nana Visitor (Major Kira). His uncle, (his mother's brother), is actor Malcolm McDowell, who played Dr. Soran in the movie Star Trek: Generations.

Juliet Mills - Actress who is best known for her starring role on the TV series "Nanny and the Professor", and as Tabitha Lenox on the soap opera "Passions". She is the daughter of actor Sir John Mills, and the sister of actress Hayley Mills.

Jena Malone - She is an up-and-coming actress who started her career as Young Ellie, the child version of Jodie Foster's character, in the 1997 movie Contact. Watch for her in the upcoming movies Inherent Vice and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1.

Brian McNamara - Actor who is best known for his portrayal of Dean Karny in the TV Movie Billionaire Boys Club, for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a supporting role. Does anyone else remember him as Alex's friend Greg in the "Family Ties" episode "A, My Name Is Alex"?

Singers and Athletes born on November 21st:

Vivian Blaine - She was an actress and singer best known for originating the role of Miss Adelaide in the musical theater production "Guys and Dolls", as well appearing in the subsequent film version, in which she co-starred with Marlon Brando, Jean Simmons and Frank Sinatra.

Vivian Blaine - Bushell And A Peck

Lorna Luft - She is the daughter of Judy Garland and producer Sidney Luft, and the half-sister of Liza Minnelli. She recorded "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", a duet with her late mother, Judy Garland, implementing the same technology Natalie Cole used in her rendition of "Unforgettable" with her dad, Nat 'King' Cole.

Lorna Luft (with Judy Garland) - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Lorna Luft and Liza Minnelli - Medley at the Tony Awards

Björk - Singer, Songwriter who has had 30 singles reach the Top 40 on pop charts around the world, with 22 Top 40 hits in the UK, 11 in Ireland, eight in Italy, four in France, and two in Australia. Her first six studio albums had sold more than 20 million copies worldwide.

Björk - It's Oh So Quiet

Steven Curtis Chapman - He is a Christian Music Singer, Songwriter who has won five Grammy awards and 58 Gospel Music Association Dove Awards, more than any other artist in history. His seven "Artist of the Year" Dove Awards, his latest in 2009, are also an industry record. He has sold more than 10 million albums and has eight RIAA-certified Gold or Platinum albums. He has a record 33 # 1 songs in Christian Music.

Steven Curtis Chapman - The Great Adventure

Troy Aikman - He is a Former NFL Quarterback who spent his entire 12-year career playing for the Dallas Cowboys. During his career he was a six-time Pro Bowl selection, led the team to three Super Bowl victories, and was the Super Bowl XXVII MVP. In 2006, he was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. In 2008, he was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame. In 2001, he was inducted into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. In 2011, he was inducted into the ESPN Dallas Hall of Fame.

Stan "Stan the Man" Musial - He was a Major League Baseball (MLB) outfielder and first baseman on the St. Louis Cardinals for 22 seasons, from 1941 through 1963, who is widely considered to be one of the greatest hitters in baseball history. He compiled 3,630 career hits, ranking fourth all-time, and first in a career spent with only one team. He hit 475 home runs during his career, was named the National League's (NL) Most Valuable Player (MVP) three times, and won three World Series championship titles. He shares the MLB record for the most All-Star Games played (24) with Hank Aaron and Willie Mays. In 1969, he was a first-ballot inductee into the Baseball Hall of Fame. He was also selected to the St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame in the inaugural class of 2014.

Ken Griffey Jr. - He is a former Professional MLB Baseball Outfielder who played 22 years in Major League Baseball with the Seattle Mariners, the Cincinnati Reds, and a short stint with the Chicago White Sox. He was a 13-time All-Star who was one of the most prolific home run hitters in baseball history. His 630 home runs rank as the sixth-most in MLB history. He also won 10 Gold Glove Awards in center field. In 2013, he was inducted into the Mariners' Hall of Fame. He is the son of former MLB player Ken Griffey, Sr.

Citizen Rule's daily comment on today's birthdays, November 21st.

Harold Ramis...I liked Ghost Busters, but found him annoying.

Goldie Hawn...As a kid I use to watch her on Laugh In. I was too young to appreciate the adult humor.

Andrew Davis...no idea who he is.

Joseph Campanella ...ditto.

Laurence Luckinbill...Hey Spock's half brother. What a cool chatterer, but not as COOL as one of the GREAT tv characters Spock

Marlo Thomas...True story, when I was a little kid I watched That Girl and thought that all women had really long lashes like Marlo Thomas. You know sort of something that happened to girls when they entered puberty. They developed breast and long eye lashes. HA! one of two ain't bad.

Nicollette Sheridan...I like Ann Sheridan better.

Alexander Siddig...One of my favorite Deep Space Nine character's. He was pompous, sort of like Captain Picard (another amazing TV character)

Juliet Mills...Happy BDay.

Jena Malone... Not a clue on who she is.

Brian McNamara...I do remember The Billionaire Boys Club, great mini series.

Citizen Rule's daily comment on today's birthdays, November 21st.

Harold Ramis...I liked Ghost Busters, but found him annoying.

Goldie Hawn...As a kid I use to watch her on Laugh In. I was too young to appreciate the adult humor.

Andrew Davis...no idea who he is.

Joseph Campanella ...ditto.

Laurence Luckinbill...Hey Spock's half brother. What a cool chatterer, but not as COOL as one of the GREAT tv characters Spock

Marlo Thomas...True story, when I was a little kid I watched That Girl and thought that all women had really long lashes like Marlo Thomas. You know sort of something that happened to girls when they entered puberty. They developed breast and long eye lashes. HA! one of two ain't bad.

Nicollette Sheridan...I like Ann Sheridan better.

Alexander Siddig...One of my favorite Deep Space Nine character's. He was pompous, sort of like Captain Picard (another amazing TV character)

Juliet Mills...Happy BDay.

Jena Malone... Not a clue on who she is.

Brian McNamara...I do remember The Billionaire Boys Club, great mini series.

Harold Ramis was a comic genius. I can't imagine anyone not liking him.

You may not recognize the name Andrew Davis, but you should recognize his movies, especially The Fugitive.

I found Alexander Siddig's character on DS9 kind of annoying. He had that "holier-than-thou" attitude, and his accent just made it worse.

Born on November 22nd:

Geraldine Page - She was an Actress best known for her work in the American theater. She was nominated for an Academy Award eight times before winning the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance as Carrie Watts in the 1985 movie The Trip to Bountiful. She was also nominated four times for Broadway's Tony Award. In 1983, she was inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame. Her husband Rip Torn is the cousin of Sissy Spacek.

Jamie Lee Curtis - She made her film debut in 1978 by starring as Laurie Strode in John Carpenter's Halloween, and she subsequently starred in several more horro films which gave her the status of "scream queen" to mainstream audiences. My favorite Jamie Lee Curtis movie is the comdey A Fish Called Wanda. Her legs are insured for $2 million. She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6600 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on September 3, 1998. She is the daughter of the actress Janet Leigh and actor Tony Curtis, and she is married to actor, screenwriter, and director Christopher Guest. She is the godmother of actor Jake Gyllenhaal.

Terry Gilliam - He is an Actor, Director, Screenwriter, and member of the Monty Python comedy troupe who is best known for directing several movies including Time Bandits, Brazil, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, The Fisher King, 12 Monkeys, and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. He was first known for the bizarre animation sequences in "Monty Python's Flying Circus" using cutout pictures and photographs. He was J.K. Rowling's first choice to direct the 'Harry Potter' films, but Warner Brothers studios wanted a more family friendly film and eventually settled for Chris Columbus.

Scarlett Johansson - She won several awards for her performance as the voice of the operating system "Samantha" in the movie Her, she was ineligible for the Gollden Globe Award for her performance because she was never actually seen on screen. She was amazing as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow in the movie The Avengers. In 2010, she was named as "Babe of the Year" by GQ magazine at the same time that her husband, Ryan Reynolds was named as the "Sexiest Man Alive" by People magazine. She shares a birthday with Mark Ruffalo, her co-star from The Avengers.

Mark Ruffalo - After several failed attempts at a movie about "The Incredible Hulk", Marvel finally found success with Mark Ruffalo's appearance as Dr. Bruce Banner, aka The Hulk, in Joss Whedon's blockbuster The Avengers. In addition to The Avengers, I also loved him in 13 Going on 30 and Now You See Me. He shares a birthday with Scarlett Johansson, his co-star from The Avengers.

Mads Mikkelsen - He is best known for his role as Dr. Hannibal Lecter in the TV series "Hannibal", and as Le Chifre, the villain in the 2006 movie version of Ian Fleming's first James Bond novel, Casino Royale. The Danish magazine "Woman" voted him "the sexiest man in the world".

Richard Kind - He is an Actor who is best known for his roles as Dr. Mark Devanow in "Mad About You" and as Paul Thomas Lassiter in "Spin City". He is currently playing the mayor Aubrey James in the TV series "Gotham". He is a cousin of Barbra Streisand.

Robert Vaughn - He is an actor who is best known for his role as the suave spy Napoleon Solo in the 1960s TV series "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." , and one of the seven in the western classic The Magnificent Seven. On July 27, 1998, he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6633 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California. For sentimental reasons, he requested his star to be located near the corner of Hollywood and Cherokee, close to where he and his mother first lived when he moved to Hollywood.

Mariel Hemingway - She is an actress who is best known for her roles as Tracy in Woody Allen's Manhattan, as Playboy model Dorothy Stratten in Star 80, and as Lacy Warfield in Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. Her first role was together with her sister Margaux in the 1976 movie Lipstick, for which she was nominated as "Best Newcomer" for the Golden Globe Awards. She is the granddaughter of award-winning writer, Ernest Hemingway.

Rodney Dangerfield - He was a comedian and actor, known for the catchphrase "I don't get no respect!", and his monologues on that theme. He is also remembered for his 1980s film roles, especially in Easy Money, Caddyshack, and Back to School. In February 1995, he was the first entertainer to own a Website (www.rodney.com). His trademark white shirt and red tie are on permanent display at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C. He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Pictures at 6366 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.

Stephen Geoffreys - He was an Actor who is best known for several horror and teen films in the 1980s, most notably Heaven Help Us, Fraternity Vacation, 976-EVIL, and as the creepy "Evil Ed" in the 1985 vampire horror classic Fright Night.

Nicholas Rowe - He is an actor who has appeared in numerous British plays and television programs, but he is most recognized by Americans as Sherlock Holmes in the 1985 movie Young Sherlock Holmes. The film's director Barry Levinson felt Rowe's performance was closest to a young Basil Rathbone.

Brian Robbins - He is an Actor, Director, and Producer who is best known for his role as Eric Mardian on the TV series "Head of the Class". He has since become a successful director and producer. He has produced several sports films including Coach Carter and Hardball, and on TV, he produced "Smallville" and "One Tree Hill". He is the founder of AwesomenessTV, a YouTube channel aimed at teenagers, which has spun off into a TV series, of which he is the executive producer.

Tom Conti - In 1979, he won Broadway's Tony Award as Best Actor (Play) for "Whose Life Is It Anyway?". He is one of only four Scottish actors to have received an Academy Award nomination, (for the 1983 movie Reuben, Reuben).

Allen Garfield - He is a quirky and prolific actor who has appeared in over 100 films and television shows. He is known for playing nervous villains, corrupt businessmen and politicians. My favorite movies of his are The Conversation, The Brink's Job, and Teachers. He studied acting at The Actors Studio in New York City with both Lee Strasberg and Elia Kazan.

Steven Van Zandt - He is a Musician and Songwriter who frequently goes by the stage names "Little Steven". He is a member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, in which he plays guitar and mandolin. He has also acted in TV dramas such as "The Sopranos" (1999–2007) and "Lilyhammer" (2012–present). In 2014, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the E Street Band.

Billie Jean King - She is a former Professional Tennis Player who won 39 Grand Slam titles, including 12 singles, 16 women's doubles, and 11 mixed doubles titles. She was a member of the victorious United States team in seven Federation Cups and nine Wightman Cups. For three years, she was the United States' captain in the Federation Cup. She is an advocate for sexual equality. In 1973, at age 29, she won the so-called "Battle of the Sexes" tennis match against the 55-year-old Bobby Riggs. She was the founder of the Women's Tennis Association, World TeamTennis (with former husband Larry King), and the Women's Sports Foundation. In 1972, she was the joint winner, (with John Wooden), of the Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year award. In 1975, she was was one of the Time Persons of the Year. In 1987, she was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame. In 2010, she received the Fed Cup Award of Excellence. In 1980, she was inducted into the National Women's Hall of Fame.

Boris Becker - He is a former World No. 1 professional tennis player from Germany, and the current coach of World Number 1, Novak Djokovic. He is a six-time Grand Slam singles champion, an Olympic gold medalist in doubles, and at the age of 17, he was the youngest-ever winner of the men's singles title at Wimbledon. He won five major indoor championship titles including three ATP Masters World Tour Finals, one WCT Finals and one Grand Slam Cup. He also won five Masters 1000 series titles and eight Championship Series titles. Tennis Magazine ranked him in 18th place on its list of the 40 greatest tennis players from 1965 to 2005. In 2003, he was inducted into The International Tennis Hall of Fame.

Oscar Pistorius - He is a South African sprint runner who had both of his legs amputated below the knee when he was 11 months old, but has competed in events for single below-knee amputees and for able-bodied athletes. After becoming a Paralympic champion, he attempted to enter able-bodied international competition, over persistent objections of the IAAF and charges that his artificial limbs gave an unfair advantage. He eventually prevailed in this legal dispute, and at the 2011 World Championships in Athletics, he became the first amputee to win an able-bodied world track medal. At the 2012 Summer Paralympics, he won gold medals in the men's 400-metre race and in the 4 × 100 metres relay, setting world records in both events. He also won the silver medal in the 200-metre race, having set a world record in the semifinal.