Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Mr. Holmes
Been highly anticipating watching this and was completely rewarded. I may be bias being a very HUGE fan of McKellen but I simply loved this movie.

Soldier in the Rain (1963)
another one i stumbled upon on youtube. Love Gleason an McQueen and I've enjoyed several Blake Edwards flicks but I found myself waiting for it to be over. Maybe a rewatch somewhere in the future may change that. . .

and of course,

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Gonna dedicate this one to MM since it was his Disney list that prompted me...

(REWATCH) The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
and a gazillion honey pots!
It has been several decades since watching this childhood favorite and anytime I went searching for it, I'd find the more recent versions and the Pooh within would only mutter: "Oh, bother,"

But today, TODAY, all three of them: The Honey Tree, Blustery Day and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too all in one!!!

I'm a happy lil Pooh

Master of My Domain
Emma Watson even with short hair is totally gorgeous.
Emma Watson is beautiful no matter what she wears or what kind of hairstyle she has.

Glad you liked the movie Derek.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Le Cercle Rouge
+

dope tbh

one of the coolest movies ever.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Prince of Darkness

Carpenter is one of the greatest directors ever.

Remember the Titans (2000)

Full of cliches but so what if it's done well. It's a movie that can make you cheer or make you cry. It's a great true story about the races coming together and the benefits of teamwork. Denzel Washington is great at playing a leader, so playing a football coach is a perfect fit. All of the other performances are spot on as well. Including four songs that I've nominated in MoFo song tournaments, the soundtrack is awesome. Even my wife loved this movie and anyone should enjoy it unless you in da Klan.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
In America - 10/10 - The movie started off slow, yes, but as it got going, boy did it get good! Fantastic acting, especially from Djimon Hounsou, great story, great dialogue, just great, great, great! And I bawled my eyes out at the end! It's packed with so much emotion!

Full of cliches but so what if it's done well. It's a movie that can make you cheer or make you cry. It's a great true story about the races coming together and the benefits of teamwork. Denzel Washington is great at playing a leader, so playing a football coach is a perfect fit. All of the other performances are spot on as well. Including four songs that I've nominated in MoFo song tournaments, the soundtrack is awesome. Even my wife loved this movie and anyone should enjoy it unless you in da Klan.

I appreciate it a lot too! Glad you like it Crick. In My Top 5 of football movies for sure

Cannibal! The Musical (1993)

The Green Inferno (2013)

The Toxic Avenger (1984)

Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

Watched two movies recently:

Hitman : Agent 47.

Just awful. As a massive fan of the games, these movies are so disappointing. The entire point of the games was to remain unseen, don't engage anyone unless necessary, complete the objective and leave with as little fuss as possible...the movies are just full blown, OTT action nonsense. The casting was awful too, they couldn't even make Rupert Friend look actually bald as 47 is. 2/10.

And...

Sicario.

MUCH better! What a movie. I thought Emily Blunt's character was a little shoehorned in just to have a female element in the show (not that I'm against strong female characters), but Brolin and especially Del Toro stole the show. The first scene grips you immediately, and it doesn't let up much until the very end. Some of the shots are beautifully executed, and the soundtrack is immense and fills you with the dread that something is about to go down. Highly recommend it. 8/10.

First post, so hello everyone!

I have to return some videotapes.

-

but the eye gouging part, the kid memorizing homer's iliad, and the kid giving j-lo a 1st edition iliad saying he got it at a garage sale for a dollar ---

Possibly the worst writing ever and the most awkward scenes i've ever seen. This is a must watch.

Care for some gopher?
Dog Day Afternoon (Sidney Lumet, 1975) -

I really enjoyed this very well directed and acted movie!

-

but the eye gouging part, the kid memorizing homer's iliad, and the kid giving j-lo a 1st edition iliad saying he got it at a garage sale for a dollar ---

Possibly the worst writing ever and the most awkward scenes i've ever seen. This is a must watch.
It's so bad but that eye gouge is way too enjoyable to be mad at it.

I have to return some videotapes.
It's so bad but that eye gouge is way too enjoyable to be mad at it.
Your review made me want it so bad lol. I found it at a gamesplus store on blu ray for 2 bucks so I decided to get it. I was not disappointed one bit.

EDIT: How could I forget about jlo flipping that switch that dropped a huge ass machine on Ryan Guzman? How did she know it would do that? Why would they have it in the first place let alone in the middle of the barn?

Nanook of the North (1922)

This is a documentary that shows the life of an eskimo family and their daily fight for survival. What a tough way to live-like cavemen in freezing weather. This movie didn't particularly excite me, but I have respect for these early pictures, and there's a certain fascination with seeing another side of life. Watching them hunt and get their igloo together was pretty interesting.

Her Husband's Betrayal (2013)

+

It's nice having the day off with my wife, but I got sucked into this one. She would rather watch these made for TV Lifetime types of movies over any other kinds of movies. Familiar enough story for one of these; a young divorcee with a son meets the man of her dreams, but then he's not who he seems. I do get a kick out of these movies, and it is at least based on a juicy true story. It's very hard to buy seeing a housewife escaping a police station while in handcuffs and with the whole force on her tail. It was enjoyable but I never would have picked it out. With 20 minutes left, my wife realizes that she's seen it before WTF.

This gave me warm fuzzies, not as many as the movie, but plenty of fuzzies.

Be a freak, like me too

Illustrious Corpses (1976), Francesco Rosi : An Italian paranoid thriller of the seventies with a lot of famous actors (Lino Ventura, Max Von Sydow, Alain Cuny, Fernando Rey, Marcel Bozzufi, Renato Salvatori, Luigi Pistilli)... Not bad at all.

Spotlight - 2015

I was a big big fan of Tom McCarthy's Win Win a few years back. As I've state before if you can write and direct you own stuff you get extra credit from me. I was really interested in The Cobbler but it faded after the horrid reviews, still haven't seen it. I blame Adam Sandler ha. He returned to form big time with this flick however. Wow are you totally engulfed in this thing. You do not feel like you are watching a movie, you feel like you are uncovering this scandal right along with them. It is a ton of information to fit into a 2 hour film but they did a great job of compressing it as well as making it easy enough to follow along, which can be difficult with something like this. Everyone in the movie brought their A game it's hard to single out one actor. I think that will hurt it in the acting categories at the Oscars. However Directing and Best Picture are certainly in play for this thing.

The aspect I appreciated the most was the movie didn't have any flashy scenes that screamed Oscar. They all played it subdued which heighten the realism of it to me. A lot of times realistic movies like this have an actor react to something overboard and it sort of kills it for me. All the actors reacted like normal people to this if that makes sense. It is really touchy material they are researching so know what you are getting into before watching it if it offends anyone. I dislike all religion so I am for any movie that sheds a negative spotlight on any religion. (see what I did there...) The only bad thing is I thought the whole movie was taking place in the late 70s until like 3/4s of the way through when they referenced 9/11. The beginning was when Keatons character took over this section of the newspaper. There was something blocking the dates when I watched it. I figured it out though haha.

Anyways this was an awesomely subdued movie with great performances and direction that explored a tough subject. I think it's a must watch.

4.5 out of 5

101 Favorite Movies (2019)