Children Don't Die

Tools    

does the kill need to be on screen?

Fasten your seat belts...
Originally Posted by Loner
All you dog lovers out there don't watch Amores Perros.

I'm an animal lover too, I have seven of them; two horses, three dogs, two cats.

Got no love for kids either.

P.S. I want to apologize about splitting hairs over the age thing.

Great bloody movie.

I must say, they kill kids off more in Foreign Films. America has a bit of a la la attitude towards animal or kiddy deaths. Just watch Mad Max (Road Warrior to you guys). They run over the mum carrying the baby no problemo. Although they did the same scene in the Punisher. Asian films like knocking off kids. So do the Germans!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by LillyVon
Great bloody movie.

I must say, they kill kids off more in Foreign Films. America has a bit of a la la attitude towards animal or kiddy deaths. Just watch Mad Max (Road Warrior to you guys). They run over the mum carrying the baby no problemo. Although they did the same scene in the Punisher. Asian films like knocking off kids. So do the Germans!
Sorry Ms. Shtupp, Mad Max 2 is known as The Road Warrior in the USA.

"In the roar of an engine he lost everything."

I just thought of another scene, in Assault on Precinct 13 .

The "I wanted vanilla twist" scene.

Sorry Ms. Shtupp, Mad Max 2 is known as The Road Warrior in the USA.

"In the roar of an engine he lost everything."

I just thought of another scene, in Assault on Precinct 13 .

The "I wanted vanilla twist" scene.

Respect Mr Loner! Thank you kindly. Oh it's twue... it's twue!!

Respect Mr Loner! Thank you kindly. Oh it's twue... it's twue!!

I own the movie.

What the hell, I think I'll watch it right now!

Theres a few films i can think of where kids get killed.
One kid gets shot in arlington road, and in soldier blue, about the us army who slaughters a peaceful indian settlment, and rapes and kills women and children.
Night of the living dead where a kid dies and turns into a zombie.
It's always sad if a child who dies in a film was based on fact but if it's pure fiction then it depends how tastful the film is and what it has to say if anything.

Kids i wish WOULD die in films:
-Harry Potter
-Harry's b!tch
-The ginger one

Now theres a Harry Potter i'd pay to see

Originally Posted by Levendi
just watched the exorcist: the beginning, and it was pretty bad when that nazi shot the young girl in the head point blank...

Doh! I haven't seen it yet!!! Flogging's for you young man!!!

...that was deserved. She was a little bitch!

I agree with most here that the loss of a child does seem to carry far more emotional weight than the death of an adult, even in the movies. I also agree that it does seem to me that the loss of a young child is far more heinous and devastating than the loss of someone who is 50, 60, or 70. All death is unsettling, but it is a part of life. We will never be able to completely escape death, but I think that the fact that children haven't even gotten the chance at all to live makes it more tragic. Children also have a sense of naivete that adults don't have and that loss of innocence is another thing that I think moves us to value the loss of a child more. I think Holden's point is very interesting that it is intellectually dishonest from a philosophical standpoint to value the life of a child more than the life of an adult, and it was a view that I hadn't considered, but even with the argument, I still find something especially compelling about the death of a child.

...that was deserved. She was a little bitch!

How can you say that about such a sweet, young, innocent girl?

"You hit him with the shoes didn't you, you hit him with the shoes that's how he got those half moon marks on his forehead and his hands, answer me Rhoda, ANSWER ME!"

Another movie where children die, Gone with the Wind.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i stand by my point that i get upset that kids die because in theory they wouldnt be smart enough to get away. I couldn't give a shiz if an adult died in a film because they shoulda had the brains to get away

How can you say that about such a sweet, young, innocent girl?

"You hit him with the shoes didn't you, you hit him with the shoes that's how he got those half moon marks on his forehead and his hands, answer me Rhoda, ANSWER ME!"

Another movie where children die, Gone with the Wind.
EVIL EVIL EVIL. Oh, and the kid in Pet Cemetary. Gage I think his name was. Although his FIRST death was tragic, ya kinda wanted him to cop it when he came back. He freaked me out!

Haven't seen it. Worth going to getting for this weekend?