Fraser’s Reign: A Collaborative TL

Tools    

August 27, 1999: Dudley Do-Right, an adaptation of the Jay Ward cartoon, releases in theaters starring Brendan Fraser as the titular character. Like his other Jay Ward adaptation George of the Jungle, it receives mixed reviews, but is a box office success.

October 21, 2003: George of the Jungle 2, the sequel to Fraser's 1997 hit comes out in theaters to lukewarm critical and audience reviews. One of the praising graces in the film is the return of Brendan Fraser as George.

November 14, 2003: Looney Tunes: Back in Action releases in theaters, gaining critical acclaim and grossing $440 million. Warner Bros. plans a revival of the Looney Tunes franchise due to the film's success.

June 28, 2004: Superman: Flyby, a reboot of the Superman franchise written by J.J. Abrams, directed by Brett Ratner, and starring Brendan Fraser as Superman, hits theaters. It gets near universal acclaim, getting over $600 million to become the 4th highest grossing film of the year.

July 8, 2005: Fantastic Four, a movie adaptation of the famous Marvel team of the same name, hits theaters. It gets mixed reviews with complaints on the plot and action sequences, but praise with the performance of Brendan Fraser as Reed Richards, straight off his role in last year's winner of Best Picture, Crash. The film gains $375 million at the box office as a result.

2009: Brendan Fraser accepts the role to play realtor Phil Dunphy on the new ABC sitcom Modern Family. He gains critical acclaim for the role, and would play the character until the show's end in 2020.

This thread will show an alternative career path for Brendan Fraser and will show how the world of pop culture changes as a result. I will also butterfly away his mental and health problems. Your job will be to update the timeline with added events that show how this career path might change pop culture.

I actually think this is pretty cool — need to get my head around it though, I haven’t followed Fraser’s movements that closely.
Got your head around it?