MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

Speaking of first round draft picks, I'm willing to deal Matt Olson and Yordan Alvarez (who I admittedly overpaid for). I'm looking for depth in hitting & pitching.

Glad I stuck by Seager. Six homers in his last six games and nine in the last three weeks.

I spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out how to get him away from you, but I don't think I ever came up with a proposal worth sending.

Glad I stuck by Seager. Six homers in his last six games and nine in the last three weeks.
Hint taken. Thankfully everyone declined my offers, and vice versa.

I spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out how to get him away from you, but I don't think I ever came up with a proposal worth sending.
In all seriousness I would've entertained 80 cents on the dollar, and actually made a pretty huge offer involving him to Dan at one point.

I was pretty sure he'd bounce back but I figured it'd be a little more grandual than this.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, I’m going to wait and see just how much losing Acuna actually hurts my team before I panic. I think the only stat that really will be impacted is steals. I think I have better hitters so far this year, so ir shouldn’t hurt my R and RBI categories, and definitely didn’t rely on him for HR.

I’m in a good place 2 months in, which is an improvement from where I was just 1 month ago. But Peanuts and Crackerjacks seems to be surging lately, and it wouldn’t surprise me if I take a slight tumble in the rankings this month.

Justin Steele is back! Finally. Lots of gains needing to be made for my pitching stats, and been blessed with 4 pitchers having good games past 2 days.

A system of cells interlinked
You stick with Goldy in your other league? He is hitting bombs again!

You stick with Goldy in your other league? He is hitting bombs again!
Yep. I don't think I was gonna get any takers anyway so I just benched him for a bit, but he's looking much better. I don't even need him to be great, I'd be fine with 80% of what he was last year, at this point.

I'm glad both of you hung onto Goldy, and happier he's turned it around. Hate seeing stars fall from the sky, but gravity and time never change.

I've had inquiries on Matt Olson and Yordan Alvarez. What I'm looking for is along the lines of what I've offered for a first rounder.

For Ohtani I gave up Schwarber & Yamamoto, and that was at the height of the gambling scandal. I took a chance, it paid off, and I don't want to move him because he may end up being the #1 player this year. I dont think I've ever had one.

For Yordan I gave up Ozzie Albies & Freddy Peralta, and I'm taking a chance on that too as he's not producing like the past 2 years yet.

What I would need to move Olson or Yordan is a strong hitter and pitcher. Not possible ones, but ones that are earning now. Not many people if anyone plays or trades like I do, but just stating it out in the open so everyone knows and has a fair shot.

MLB umpire Ángel Hernández retiring after 3 decades

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...andez-retiring
I haven't had the chance to watch this yet, but the title is "The most hated umpire in baseball isn't really all that bad"

Hm. David Fry is the #2 catcher in all of fantasy baseball, and with less than half at bats as #1 and #3. He's ranked 17th overall

Alek Manoah, if you can't get it done today vs the White Sox....

(Finally got to use that skeptical smiley)

Just cleaned out my inbox. Found trade talks with Yoda from 2022 regarding Wander Franco - ugh!

I hate when I pick up someone to play them, and after the transaction realize theyre already playing. Then I got to go back and pick up the guy I dropped, hopefully who I picked up the same day too or else I wont be able to get him back, and then it just brings attention to the guy I was interested in. Front and center on the league page. Sigh.