33rd Hall of Fame

Tools    

I forgot the opening line.
I was rushing around the house to make it here in time!
You've got another 10 minutes or so...

Latest Review : Double Down (2005)

Equal 8th

THE BANK JOB

22 points (4th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 8th, 8th, 9th, 9th, 9th)

John W Constantine - "This wasn't bad for an average Statham vehicle with some things thrown in.."
rauldc14 - "It doesn't do anything fascinating at all but it does keep the viewer on its toes for the duration of the film."
Hey Fredrick - "I really liked this one. There isn't anything deep going on here. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch. It's simply entertainment, done well."

Equal 8th

GOD'S LITTLE ACRE

22 points (4th , 5th, 7th, 8th, 8th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 9th)

Citizen Rules - "I like this film because it creates a place in time and characters that I like to spend time with as I watch the film."
PHOENIX74 - "I found watching God's Little Acre enlightening, sometimes frustrating but ultimately silly and sexy."
beelzebubble - "Robert Ryan, Tina Louise and Aldo Ray are all excellent as the lead characters. It was definitely novel seeing Robert Ryan as someone who seems full of joy."

I love the fact that the two lowest place films tied, meaning that none of the films people nominated finished 9th. The Bank Job and God's Little Acre started off in the voting respectively enough, but in the end vied for 9th - at the very last moment ending up tied.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I love the fact that the two lowest place films tied, meaning that none of the films people nominated finished 9th. The Bank Job and God's Little Acre started off in the voting respectively enough, but in the end vied for 9th - at the very last moment ending up tied.
Oh speak for yourself I was shooting for last place, damn!

For those interested, Hey Fredrick nominated The Bank Job, and those who don't know that Citizen Rules nominated God's Little Acre really haven't been paying attention.

7th

MONA LISA

34 points (4th, 4th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 8th)

edarsenal - "It is a good blend of crime, human drama, and moments of unintentional moments of humor in difficult situations."
jiraffejustin - "Pretty simple flick, but looks great and is compelling story-wise."
rauldc14 - "For never hearing about it prior to this hall, it definitely exceeded my expectations. A nice atmosphere and a nice setting definitely."

When a Hall of Fame is packed with great films, it sometimes seems unfair that a gem like this doesn't end up higher in the placings - but regardless of which film does, that feeling is inevitable.

I nominated Mona Lisa, in part because we had the noir countdown rolling. I like it a lot, but didn't quite love it the way I did the first time.

When a Hall of Fame is packed with great films, it sometimes seems unfair that a gem like this doesn't end up higher in the placings - but regardless of which film does, that feeling is inevitable.
We had some good films but personally I think a few other HoFs were really packed solid with choice noms.

We had some good films but personally I think a few other HoFs were really packed solid with choice noms.
I think the top 5 of this one were all very worthy of winning a Hall of Fame - truly top drawer.

I think the top 5 of this one were all very worthy of winning a Hall of Fame - truly top drawer.
I mostly agree, I'd say 4 myself are top tier, but who's counting