The Resident Bitch Prepares for... the Most Recent MoFo Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I hate musicals and those characters/puppets you posted look creepy. I really couldn't care less how "well performing" any television show is, either, since television has absolutely nothing to do with the countdown and I watch very little TV anyway.

Also, what you described sounds like it's not even really a movie, but rather just a recording of a stage play and I'm not at all interested in watching any plays. I doubt they’re even eligible for the countdown anyway. A stage production that’s been recorded does not equal a movie musical.

k

Lazy Town was soooo annoying. I had to watch so much of that when my niece was little. Also, Robbie Rotten looks like Stephen Mulhern and that annoys me even more.

Have you seen any of these movies about fictional bands: The Commitments (1991), That Thing You Do! (1995), or Sing Street (2016)?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Have you seen any of these movies about fictional bands: The Commitments (1991), That Thing You Do! (1995), or Sing Street (2016)?
Those fictional bands have nothing on Spinal Tap and the Leningrad Cowboys!

Here's a song from a musical.

If you like it, you may like musicals.

If you don't like it, you will never like musicals.

I watched Cabaret in the lead up to the 70s Countdown. I didn't like it and have no desire to see it again. And yes, I don't like musicals.

I've seen That Thing You Do! and vaguely remember liking it. I may watch it again. I'll have to look into the others.

Those fictional bands have nothing on Spinal Tap and the Leningrad Cowboys!
I've seen This Is Spinal Tap twice, didn't like it either time.

I think the joke went over Miss Vicky's head...

Miss Vicky have you seen Grease 2 (1982)? It's songs are mostly 80s rock/pop sounding. An example is this song from the movie.
No, but I hated the original Grease so I think I'll pass on the sequel.

Trouble with a capital "T"
No, but I hated the original Grease so I think I'll pass on the sequel.
OK. Funny thing is almost everyone who likes Grease hates Grease 2. The only other musical I can think of that you might watch, but I'm not sure, is Earth Girls Are Easy. Did you ever see that?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I remember being on the fence about Sweeney Todd but I've since seen the stage musical and liked that so I should probably give it another go.

OK. Funny thing is almost everyone who likes Grease hates Grease 2. The only other musical I can think of that you might watch, but I'm not sure, is Earth Girls Are Easy. Did you ever see that?
I don't think I've seen Earth Girls Are Easy. I'm not looking to do many first time watches though, so I may not get to it.

You might like The Lure a bit, not sure. It'll probably make my ballot. Just figuring that you won't like most traditional musicals, much like myself.

You might like The Lure a bit, not sure. It'll probably make my ballot. Just figuring that you won't like most traditional musicals, much like myself.
I've actually seen that and didn't care for it.

The Lure (Córki dancingu) (Agnieszka Smoczynska, 2015)

I fully expected to hate everything about this fantasy-horror-musical. To say that those three genres are not my favorite is a bit of an understatement. As it turned out, I didn’t hate everything about it but my prediction wasn’t too far off from the truth. It had some cool visuals and it kept me at least mildly entertained for a little while. However, the musical and fantasy elements quickly began to wear on my nerves and by the time the sisters started growling at each other I had mentally checked out.

Not terrible by any means but definitely not my kind of movie.

Earth Girls Are Easy is not a musical. It's a comedy.

Lazy Town was soooo annoying. I had to watch so much of that when my niece was little. Also, Robbie Rotten looks like Stephen Mulhern and that annoys me even more.

*sigh* I'm better off at GetLazy.. no-one appreciates the impact LazyTown has had on children and even adults here...

*sigh* I'm better off at GetLazy.. no-one appreciates the impact LazyTown has had on children and even adults here...
Stop spamming my thread with LazyTown posts. Nobody's interested.