The Bear

Tools    

Was gonna wait to see the 3rd season of The Bear in a couple months or so when all the episodes would be released. Just found out they dropped the entire season to be viewed now. SUBSCRIBED!

I can’t believe Carmy was savvy enough to send Sydney a Docusign. He gives the impression of being barely able to send an email.

LOVED the opening credits of season 3, episode 2. I loved seeing all the real locals waving to the film crew.

Isn’t the Faks family a tad overdone? And now there’s another brother?

Season 3, Ep 4. On one hand, there's something about Claire I don't like, but on the other hand, Carmy really needs to get laid..
Claire is kinda doofy IMO. A doctor who is waiting around for sad-sack Carmy seems unrealistic to me. And nobody can be that sweet all the time.

Just watched episode 1 of Season 3...good, but an odd choice for an opener to the season. I'll have to watch at least one more to see how they try and repair what happened in the S2 finale.

Finished season 3, and overallit feels like a setup for the upcoming last season. So its good but not as good as 1 or 2, but feel 3&4 are really gonna be one season.

Jaime Lee Curtis does terrifyingly manic to-A-T. She scares me. The dynamic between her and Sugar in the "ice chips" episode was a tour de force.

John Cena? Really? I like Cena, but him being on this show feels out of place. Being it was scenes with the Faks though he'll get a pass.

Oliver Platts great. I always light up when he's on the screen.

Sydney, meh. Marcus dodged that bullet.

Tina's story was ok. The theme of this shows season wasn't restauranting as much as the struggle of a worklife itself, and in this episode a lack of one.

Again, this is a setup season for the last season in the series. I can see why they're ending it as the storyline depth is noticably stretched thin, but I still love it.

The mean Chef in The Bear is actually based on a real person

https://collider.com/the-bear-joel-mchale-real-chef/

Not surprising. Even the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld was based off someone.

She always seems like she's rubbing it Carmy's face that her career is so much more important than his.
Heck, no. She doesn’t do that. Quite the opposite.

Finished season 3, and overallit feels like a setup for the upcoming last season. So it’s good but not as good as 1 or 2, but feel 3&4 are really gonna be one season.
What are you saying? That season 4 will be the final season?

Pivoting: the DP sure does love closeups. Too many of them.

How cute is Will Poulter as Luca.

I really liked Tina’s backstory. I cried for her when they gave her a free coffee & sandwich.

What are you saying? That season 4 will be the final season?
90% sure of it. They filmed season 3 & 4 back to back hence why they did the To Be Continued at the end of episode 10. Certain publications have eluded to it before season 3 aired, but nothing official.

This is a recent one.

https://www.eater.com/2024/6/27/2418...review-hulu-fx

90% sure of it. They filmed season 3 & 4 back to back hence why they did the To Be Continued at the end of episode 10. Certain publications have eluded to it before season 3 aired, but nothing official.

This is a recent one.

https://www.eater.com/2024/6/27/2418...review-hulu-fx
The NYTimes got aerated about that & said “to be continued” was very lazy, etc. I mean the entire thing could have been “to be continued”. Season 3 opened with the Carmy/Claire thing again & went nowhere with that arc. If they’re getting together again they sure better hurry up.

Ugh, whoever wrote that review imagining Carmy & Sydney having sex. She would never.