The deadline for the Top Musicals list is TOMORROW! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

The Videogames Tab

Tools    

Back then, for sure. One of the first things that happened to me. That stuck in my head, though, so when I went back to play it again all those years later, I still remembered not to wander around in the dark.

In full disclosure, I did fairly well with the later play through, but did have to resort to a walkthrough at one point because I just couldn't figure out how to progress. This was pretty far into the game and the solution was pretty obtuse.
No shame in that, especially for a game with no visualization. I don't think I've completed an adventure/puzzle/etc. game without consulting a walkthrough at least once.

The ones requiring the most consulting? Probably the two Star Trek ones from the '90s, 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites, and The Longest Journey (which I never finished, sadly). Great games, but some obtuse puzzles for sure.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Balatro is great.

When I finally "beat" it I thought that might be it. I was a little underwhelmed at first about the replayability, which I expected to be pretty robust. But I thought "eh, I'll just try to unlock all the decks." And then I realized doing that meant upping the stakes a few times. So I went until I'd gone through all the stakes for a specific deck, just for unlocks. Then I thought, wellllll, maybe I'll try to go through the stakes for them all. And that's what I'm in the middle of right now.

Excited to hear there's some big updated coming in 2025, too, with major gameplay implications.

Also really hoping they come out with a great mobile port of some kind soon, being able to play it on Switch/tablet/phone would be great.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
lookit yodas running interference
okok, AU, the joke was that in your earlier post you typed, "Make my day" Having the scattergorical, ADHD twitchy mind that I'm stuck with, my thoughts jumped to childhood memories of the song I followed with. The hook of that track is, "Make my ... make, make, make my day!" That is a core memory from my childhood hearing it over and over and over on the radio. Your post threw me back a bit and I ran with it.

DD, my soul brother, knew exactly what was going on up in this rat's nest of a memory tube mind of mine, so I tagged out of the ring WWF style (before the pandagate drama), while he came in from the top ropes for the pin. seems that your green youngin' up there stepped into the match like Ms. Elizabeth.... or the man, the legend, the Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart with his sideline bullhorn distracting the ref.

No. Not today. Not..... today. *tosses python*

@Austruck

The Adventure Starts Here!
lookit yodas running interference
okok, AU, the joke was that in your earlier post you typed, "Make my day" Having the scattergorical, ADHD twitchy mind that I'm stuck with, my thoughts jumped to childhood memories of the song I followed with. The hook of that track is, "Make my ... make, make, make my day!" That is a core memory from my childhood hearing it over and over and over on the radio. Your post threw me back a bit and I ran with it.

DD, my soul brother, knew exactly what was going on up in this rat's nest of a memory tube mind of mine, so I tagged out of the ring WWF style (before the pandagate drama), while he came in from the top ropes for the pin. seems that your green youngin' up there stepped into the match like Ms. Elizabeth.... or the man, the legend, the Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart with his sideline bullhorn distracting the ref.

@Austruck
DUDE!

This is first and foremost a MOVIE SITE. Make sure your quotes line up better!

DD, my

knew exactly what was going on up in this rat's nest of a memory tube mind of mine, so I tagged out of the ring WWF style (before the pandagate drama), while he came in from the top ropes for the pin. seems that your green youngin' up there stepped into the match like Ms. Elizabeth.... or the man, the legend, the Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart with his sideline bullhorn distracting the ref.

@Austruck