The deadline for the Top Musicals list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

Post a Random Fact About Yourself

Tools    

Of course, none of this is a random fact about myself, so to get on topic, let's see, I've run the NYC marathon twice (20 years ago). Oh, and I never eat bacon.

Back on topic: I can be very hot-tempered. Not as bad as I used to be, but I can definitely still fly off the handle.

@Ellie @Captain Steel and @Citizen Rules

We still have drive in theatres here in Kansas City, Missouri metropolitan area.

I remember going with my older sister and her husband when I was a preteen Then with my own children when I had them.

The Twin Drive-in is still operating in Independence, Missouri.

Back in the early 80s, they always showed movies like the original Mad Max and most films that are now cult classics. My older brothers got to go with their friends.

I think the last movie I have seen there was with my sister, my daughter and my nephew. We went to see Sausage Party.

https://www.bbtheatres.com/our-theat...twin-drive-in/

Trouble with a capital "T"
@Ellie @Captain Steel and @Citizen Rules

We still have drive in theatres here in Kansas City, Missouri metropolitan area.

I remember going with my older sister and her husband when I was a preteen Then with my own children when I had them.

The Twin Drive-in is still operating in Independence, Missouri.

Back in the early 80s, they always showed movies like the original Mad Max and most films that are now cult classics. My older brothers got to go with their friends.

I think the last movie I have seen there was with my sister, my daughter and my nephew. We went to see Sausage Party.

https://www.bbtheatres.com/our-theat...twin-drive-in/
That looks fun! I'd love to some old cheesy 50s-60s or 70s flicks at a drive-in. I use to go to this theater which is not tore down.

I just realized that if drive-ins had remained a thing, there could have been a huge boon a couple years ago during the pandemic. When most indoor theaters closed, the drive-ins could have had sunset to sunrise movies (since a lot of people didn't have to get up to go to a job anymore) and become the new, old way Americans watched movies... You'd be isolated in your car, or with people that perhaps you already shared a home with.

Heck, to go along with that idea, they could have opened all new drive-in restaurants during the pandemic (where you get waited on and eat in your car)!

Drive-ins would have been perfect for the pandemic.
Is it that people lack vision these days for such things... or just lack money to get such nostalgic operations off the ground?
That happened in the UK. I don't think there were many, but I remember seeing it on the news.

I never use salt as there's already enough salt in food 🤗
With the exception of chips, I'm the same.

Also, I'm not sure where you are (are you Scottish?) but this might help you with something.
https://driveincinemas.co.uk/

Um, random fact about myself.... I think I've started shrinking.

That happened in the UK. I don't think there were many, but I remember seeing it on the news.

With the exception of chips, I'm the same.

Also, I'm not sure where you are (are you Scottish?) (
Her profile says Lancashire.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Her profile says Lancashire.
I was going to make a joke about avoiding those four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire But much better, I just read this fascinating article about the song 'A Day in the Life'. I think you'll find this interesting:
Royal Albert Hall was ‘furious’ over Beatles lyric, newly discovered documents reveal