The deadline for the Top Musicals list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

Long Legs

Tools    

After Dream Scenario, I feel like late-career Cage can pull off a horror, but there are too many moving parts here. Who knows. And yes, I know that wasn’t a horror, but somehow the vibe was there.

Any views?

I felt like the first review has lowered my expectation a great deal

Summary. It's alright but marketing campaign is best thing about it.

I was really sold on the trailer so I didn't wanna hear that, thought this was going to be something special for a moment..

After Dream Scenario, I feel like late-career Cage can pull off a horror

I feel like hes got a job to ever top "Mandy" but perhaps that's just me.

Also see above..

I watched it over the weekend, & thought it was okay.

Just few minutes into the movie, I started getting Twin Peaks vibes from it. But unlike Twin Peaks, this movie lacked charming characters & the immersive, haunting music. & therefore the acting & the settings just feel odd.

Nicolas Cage was good, but it was Keirnan Shipka who stands out, despite having just one scene in the movie.

It's a decent horror/crime drama. However, it could have been so much more.

Im watching this right now. Hoping it's decent for all the marketing it went through.

There are at least two threads on this here. In any case, quite apart from what I thought about it (nothing original; the first half was captivating, the second half — far less so; the nuns side of things was unnecessary; etc), I’m now desperate to find more films like it, thematically. I do think The Blackcoat’s Daughter fits the bill, but it’s an obvious one.

I don’t know if Google is just doomed because of AI, or what, but coupled with its hilarious and outlandish assumptions of what I’ll ‘love’ (Men?! Erm, no, can’t recall a film I hated more), and the fact nothing it suggests is actually thematically or stylistically similar to Longlegs, I didn’t spend as much time doing my own ‘research’ (is that even a thing anymore? *sob*) as I normally would.

Obviously, it’s very Zodiac and Silence of the Lambs, both of which I love, but I suppose I mean more arcane/less obvious picks.