The deadline for the Top Musicals list is TOMORROW! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

MoFo Fantasy Basketball 2024

Tools    

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
There was some interest in doing a fantasy basketball league this year. I will be willing to run it if there is enough interest, and if Mofo is okay with my boys being involved. If you are interested just respond and PM me your email address.

I wanted to get this started a little early because it has been a long time since I have done basketball, so I was thinking we could talk through some of the settings for our first year. I am going to paste a copy of Yahoo’s standard rules below. At first glance I think I would like to go with a bit smaller roster. I was thinking 5 starters, 3 utility, 4 bench. Let me know what you guys think of that and anything else that looks wonky.

Probably looking at a draft the weekend of Oct 5 and 6. I know this gives us a lot of time, but I also know once a discussion starts where there is some disagreement it can take a minute to work through.

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head Points
Teams in a League: 12
Maximum Roster Size: 16 (Including IL)
Maximum Player Acquisitions per Season: No maximum
Maximum Player Acquisitions per Week: 4
Maximum Trades: No maximum
Trade Rejection Time: 2 days
Trade Review: League Votes
Trade Deadline: Review the important dates for this season.
Waiver Mode: Standard
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Roster Changes: Daily - Today
Playoffs: Weeks 20, 21, and 22 (6 teams)
Playoff Tie-Breaker: Higher seed wins
Playoffs Seeding: All teams seeded by overall standings
Playoff Reseeding: Enabled
Starting Roster: 1 point guard (PG), 1 shooting guard (SG), 1 guard (G), 1 small forward (SF), 1 power forward (PF), 1 forward (F), 2 centers (C), 2 utility (Util), 3 injured list (IL)
Bench: 3 players (any position)
Trade Offers Expire in: 10 days
Stat Categories: Points Scored (PTS) = 1, Total Rebounds (REB) = 1.2, Assists (AST) = 1.5, Blocked Shots (BLK) = 3, Steals (ST) = 3, Turnovers (TO) = -1

#JusticeForHamilton

I'm in, I'll autodraft, any day and time works, and my draft picks are 1-12.
I'll be active and give too much attention to my roster like always.

I'm in, I'll autodraft, any day and time works, and my draft picks are 1-12.
I'll be active and give too much attention to my roster like always.
I did forget to mention that I will just auto generate a draft order, unless there are any major objections?

Looking forward to it. I used to play fantasy basketball every season but stopped a few years ago. Last year a few buddies and I created a league. Even though we had to fill half of it with strangers, it was a lot of fun and helped me to pay more attention to the regular season instead of just tuning in once the playoffs start.

Glad you chose H2H instead of roto.

So when does this start? Near the end of Football season?
I will probably do invites next week. Set draft first weekend in Oct.

Longer than Baseball?! Baseballs 6 months
5 1/2 for regular season, so you’re right. Playoffs go through June. Always feels like the longest to me.

3 more at least. Hook a brother up mofo.
Hopefully we will get a few more when Fantasy Baseball ends. This will hopefully keep us occupied when Football ends, and make the wait for baseball more palpable. Hell I may even watch a Basketball game for the first time in my life.

When do I need to join by? I've never done this and while I'm happy to play I'd rather only play if I can pay at least a little attention to it, rather than just be involved perfunctorily and get destroyed.

When do I need to join by? I've never done this and while I'm happy to play I'd rather only play if I can pay at least a little attention to it, rather than just be involved perfunctorily and get destroyed.
No certain time, just kind of doing first come first serve. Once you join the draft won’t be till October, season starts Oct 22.