The deadline for the Top Musicals list is TOMORROW! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

Jessie Buckley

Tools    

Why in God’s name does this actress make herself look so ugly with her hideous hairdos? I’m watching one of her movies right now & her atrocious haircut is so distracting.

Here’s a few of her looks.

If she let her hair grow long, I bet she would look great because her hair is thick.

The short answer is: people have different tastes. I assume a lot of people think she looks better with short hair, presumably herself included.

I think she looks super hawt.

P.S. - she probably still would no matter what she did with her hair, or even if she shaved her head.

Slightly related, but it's been my experience that very attractive famous people make atypical style choices in part because they can. It is sometimes, as the kidz say, a "flex." Brad Pitt will grow a huge shaggy beard because he can look good anyway. Because he'll look good however he styles himself.

I don't get why modern-day actors get criticized for stuff like this, while some of the old actors of old Hollywood looked positively ridiculous with their awful toupees and got away with it.

Look at John Wayne for example. Or even better, don't.

Is it possible those hair jobs were for a part? Maybe that's how her character is supposed to look.

Bad dye jobs in both photos. The blonde hair looks like a peroxide job.
Florence Pugh also has weird hairdos. Definitely a peroxide job for Jessie. Peroxide is so damaging to hair.

The short answer is: people have different tastes. I assume a lot of people think she looks better with short hair, presumably herself included.
I think she has zero taste. In clothes too.

Peroxide is one of those things that actors - and female actors in particular - have to accept more or less as a job hazard.

Of all the negative comments online about Jessie’s hair, this one sums it up for me.

Jessie Buckley appears to have gone to a blind chimpanzee to have her hair glued up sideways, and it never got better. The bed-head surely distracted from her appearance and acting ability.

Personally, I think it's rather unfortunate when some actors are judged exclusively on their looks and not on their acting ability - and even more unfortunate that women are so much more likely to be judged that way.

While I'm not exactly a huge fan of Jessie, I always get excited whenever she's in a new movie, she has a very real and very raw energy that I always find electrifying.

Also, I really love the way she looks in many of the photos that she's generous enough to pose for, like this one for instance:

Here's hoping she finally wins an Oscar and a BAFTA award one of these days