Eastern European Fairy Tale

Tools    

I saw a clip of a colour, eastern european film set in a village at night, non English Language. 1990s feel to it.

The characters were all eccentric and exaggerated the way they showed emotions with their facial expressions.

There was a man dressed like a farm labourer with a flat cap and he rode a bike which flew through the sky and left a trail of stardust, that twinkled in the night sky.

There was also a buxom barmaid who took her lover, the guy on the bike, to bed.

I think there may have been a christmas theme to it.

Can you help me identify it?

Kanikuly Petrova i Vasechkina, obyknovennye i neveroyatnye (1984) ?
In the first part, the students complain that classic works of literature have no bearing on modern life - and find themselves in a situation strangely resembling something they've read... It's Gogol's "Inspector General" - but set in a summer camp... In the second part, after reading Don Quixote, the ever-adventurous Vasechkin convinces more cautious Petrov that he has found a game that they could play for life. No sooner they go off than Vasechkin, on a bike, brandishing an umbrella, attacks a giant... That is, a windmill...
or Das Sams (2001) ?
One day a nerdy middle-aged small-town man gets an exotic companion who can make wishes come true. Because the creature looks funny and behaves in an obnoxious way, he encounters all kinds of funny and embarrassing situations.
Other possibility is Záhada hlavolamu (1993) - something like "Mysterious Riddle" or "The riddle of the Conundrum".
The Boys' Club of The Rapid Arrows discover that something is happening in the dark quarter of the Shadow District. An old churchman tells them the story of Jan Tleskac, an orphaned locksmith apprentice who was also the bell-ringer at St. James Church in the Shadows. There he also died in mysterious circumstances by falling from the belfry. The boys undertake a dangerous expedition into enemy territory. In the bell tower they find Tleskac's diary, in which the boy writes about an invention of his. He has hidden his plans in a metal puzzle called Hedgehog in a Cage. The instructions for freeing the hedgehog from the cage are detailed in the diary. But where the puzzle is located is something The Rapid Arrows have yet to discover. It's not easy: the Shadow District is ruled by the tough boy gang, the Vonts.

ChunkyMonkey, that is not it. But, I will check this film out.

I would like to add, that the costume worn by the barmaid this film I seek reminds me of how european woman would dress with criss-cross laces at the back, like a corset pulled tight to force her chest up and out.

If it helps jog any memories.

The whole film is set at night, the night sky is twilight, a blue hue at the horizon, I think it is a short film perhaps as little as 40 minutes duration. I believe short films were common in communist eastern block countries.

Live action or animated?