MoFo Fantasy Football - 2024 Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Also, on the injury news front (and it’s big one):
Kupp was seen walking in a boot for an injured foot after the game.
Tongo getting hit by the injury bug early.

Yep. Most likely will get by Yoda tonight, but going forward I'm gonna need Travis Kelce to catch more than one pass to survive.

A system of cells interlinked
The Jackson 11: scores 139 points against me last week

Also The Jackson 11: might not even break 100 this week against Titletown.
I see how it is…..
Yea - I made a couple of bad roster choices this week. Heading into the games, I was worried my sub for an injured AJ Brown (grrrr) was going to be a bust, but he turned out to be one of my highest scoring players. Hopefully Brown comes back quickly after which I will have to solve the puzzle of who to play next week. I just need my kicker to get a FG tonight. Should happen, but you never know!

But to your point: FFB is totally random.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The difference between winning and losing could have been starting Dontayvian Wicks over Jamarr Chase. Like anybody is ever going to predict that!

Yep. Most likely will get by Yoda tonight, but going forward I'm gonna need Travis Kelce to catch more than one pass to survive.
As of right now the difference in our projections is almost exactly the difference in points scored between Murray and Fields.

As of right now the difference in our projections is almost exactly the difference in points scored between Murray and Fields.
LOL! Man you sure have a way of looking at things very comprehensively. No I didn't realize that, but know without looking you're right. Normally I would be kicking and screaming right now. Id say it was good luck, but just had 3 of my starters go Out in first 2 weeks. This see-saw has no springs.

"The Chiefs are expected to place Pacheco on injured reserve after initial tests indicated that he suffered a fractured fibula in Sunday's 26-25 win over the Bengals, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network."

Welp... :-/

That's my first and second rounders down already.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
"The Chiefs are expected to place Pacheco on injured reserve after initial tests indicated that he suffered a fractured fibula in Sunday's 26-25 win over the Bengals, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network."

Welp... :-/

That's my first and second rounders down already.
In my other league I have Pacheco and Kupp. Just waiting on that inevitable injury bug here.

#JusticeForHamilton

The trick is not minding
Yea - I made a couple of bad roster choices this week. Heading into the games, I was worried my sub for an injured AJ Brown (grrrr) was going to be a bust, but he turned out to be one of my highest scoring players. Hopefully Brown comes back quickly after which I will have to solve the puzzle of who to play next week. I just need my kicker to get a FG tonight. Should happen, but you never know!

But to your point: FFB is totally random.
I almost blundered my game away by mismanaging my Flex position. I debated keeping Cooper in there and Shakir and Shaheed look like better options right now.

Looks like I’ll be without Deebo for a few weeks due to an calf injury.
Yeah they say Cooper Kupps probably gonna be put on the IR by end of week. Footballs fun!

The trick is not minding
Yeah they say Cooper Kupps probably gonna be put on the IR by end of week. Footballs fun!
Indeed!*
I feel good about my backup WR. My RB depth is another story but plenty of time to sort that out

Indeed!*
I feel good about my backup WR. My RB depth is another story but plenty of time to sort that out
Bad thing about having both starting RBs go Out along with my #1 WR, there's no wiggle room to trade. Oh the horror.

In Week One I lamented that I needed at least one of my rookie wide receivers to have a huge day sooner rather than later. I took Arizona's Marvin Harrison Jr. with my second draft pick, and he turned out to be the one. After an incredibly unimpressive debut where he was targeted three times and only caught one pass for four yards, in Week Two he looked more like his Hall of Fame father: eight targets, four catches, 130 yards, and two touchdowns. That pair of TDs came on the Cardinals' first two possessions, a 23-yard laser at the back of the end zone and a 60-yard bomb where the speedster stretched to the goal line. He almost surely would have had an even bigger line for the day except that The Rams were down so much so quickly that the game was essentially over early on the way to a rather shocking 41-10 drubbing of division rivals. Jr.'s Fantasy line was a robust 27.00! Wowza.

I also started one of his teammates, Mr. James Conner, and once again he had a wonderful Fantasy day: 124 combined yards and a TD for 18.90. Almost 46 points from two players should give one a decent shot of competing. Unfortunately just about everybody else on my team decided to take the weekend off. Houston looked pretty darn good again, but Tank Dell was left out of the party: one reception for negative three yards and two end-around runs for a total of sixteen yards for 1.80 points. Ugly. And just about useless.

Aaron Jones had a nice first game for Minnesota, but in Week Two even though they upset the 49ers he had just 32 yards rushing and four receptions for another 36...plus he also lost a fumble, resulting in only 7.30 points. However, for the second week in a row, what really sunk me were the perplexingly low scores from my two Lions. Once again last year's standout TE Sam LaPorta - who I drafted third - was barely part of the game plan: three targets, two catches, only thirteen yards, and 2.30 points. QB Jared Goff threw for an impressive 307 yards, the third highest total in the league for the week! Unfortunately he somehow also managed zero touchdowns but connected for two interceptions leaving a baffling 8.78 Fantasy line in the home loss to Tampa Bay.

Even with those disappointing scores, I still had an outside chance of a MNF upset. With our scores close at 82.08 to 86.76, my last player was my number one pick, Bijon Robinson, while PW had Jalen Hurts and Drake London to go. Had Hurts had as bad a Fantasy day as Goff and Bijon netted a couple TDs, it could have happened. The Eagles were upset at home by The Falcons, but Hurts bested his projection at 25.82 points and London caught six passes including a late TD for 14.40. Bijon got over a hundred combined yards, 97 rushing and four catches for another 25, but once again he had no TDs. Again, a 14.20 floor without scores is very serviceable, but it wasn't anywhere near enough to get me a win this week.

If and when Goff and LaPorta ever start contributing the way they can, Bijon finds the end zone and spikes his totals, and Marvin Harrison Jr. continues to be dangerous I could actually win a game or two. Or at least break a hundred points.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

2 back up RBs and Courtland Sutton, the only WR in the NFL with 16 targets but less that 9 fantasy points. This is Adam kicking my ass in two leagues at the same time.

My team managed to lurch and putter across the finish line, securing a week two victory, but my team is now officially in a shambles, with both my first and second rounders set to miss several weeks, and my domineering Dallas defense only scratching out a paltry one fantasy point. My roster for next week...does not look good. When you lose a couple of high powered guys like this, you need the group of chumps that are left to all have at least decent games at the same time, and the odds of that are fairly long to say the least. Ridley is a good player and he just went off this past week, but he can be notoriously tough to trust on a week to week basis. I need him to show up again this week or I probably don't have a chance.

The trick is not minding
Don’t feel super confident going into my game against Yoda. Losing Deebo, even if for a short while, hurts. It feels like Diggs and Shakir might be TD dependent, other wise I’m looking at 8-10 points outings from them. Hoping I’m wrong.
I don’t expect Shaheed to maintain his current output but I’ll be happy if he manages to prove me wrong.
Achane and Burrow should have good games this week. Should.
Maybe Buffalo D can manage to replicate their performance against Jax? Maybe?
Still figuring my team out.