A Quebec Family/Drama Movie

Tools    

Hi guys

In 2010 or 2011 I watched a family/drama movie of which events are set in rural Quebec, in 1960s/1970s/1980s/1990s, and I don't know if the movie is newer or is from one of those periods too, anyway, the main characters are a family consisting of: a father, a mother and their 3 children, the elder is a girl and the younger are boys, I can also add that a famous old french song (performed by a woman) is repeated throughout the movie as a background music as well as in the credits as far as I can remember, and that's all what I can remember:

1. One day the girl overhears her father conversing with someone on phone, she was surprised with signs of anxiety being clearly shown over her face, she hurried up to her mother and gave her the handset of another phone, so the mother when she heard what's her husband was saying on the phone she slapped her daughter to her great surprise (I don't know what was in the phone's conversation).
2. The mother decided to leave the house, and she left her daughter and two sons behind her, while she was about to go away, her husband tried desperately to persuade her to stay to the point that he attached himself in front of her moving-away car, but he fell, and the mother left.
3. That elder sister became like a second mother for her youngest brother and was always irritated as she cares a lot about her brother.
4. The middle brother from now on spends his time in the garage as he is determined to make a little mechanical car to drive it and show it to his friends, one day, he was disturbed by the fact that his sister was playing with her friend so noisily which distracted him, so he closed the automatic door of the garage to concentrate on making the little car, in one scene the elder sister asked her middle brother about the progress he made in making such a car.
6. The elder sister is seen sitting in the hospital with her father may be because her youngest brother was transferred to the hospital.
7. One scene shows the elder sister riding a bike in the suburb with sad expressions on her face, and she sees a little neighbouring girl crying because her severe father wants to take their dog away.
8. At the end of the movie, the middle brother succeeds in making that little car and starts driving it and his friends were having fun running behind.

That's all what I can remember, thanks a lot guys

Hi wositelec, as always you try your best to help, thank you

Le premier jour du reste de ta vie (2008)
No it's not the right movie, the movie I'm talking about is Quebecan, french-speaking of course, but not from france as the one you suggested.

Hi thracian dawg, it is definitely the right movie, thank you so much for the help Thanks