MoFo Fantasy Football - 2024 Season

Tools    

I got the three picks I wanted off waivers. Helps when everyones clamoring for Pachecos replacement Good grab Sean, you have a great start going man. Another RB and WR seemed to take precedence too on the wire.

Hunter Henry seems to be a steady earner as a TE for the Pat's. Since Courtland Sutton plays for one of the worst teams in the NFL right now, I'll put HH in my flex instead. Also will use him on Kelces' Bye week. Is Travis Kelce retired? Is what he's doing now a form of 'active' retirement?

Jordan Whittington may be the one to get Cooper Kupps old action, or not. Bench and see.

I was going to go after the Raiders Defense (Las Vegas, just typing it seems unnatural) because they are playing Carolina, but Andy Dalton might tun the page for the Panthers, I dont know. So instead I picked up Tampa Bay. They're playing Denver in Floridas hot and humid stadium. Nuff' said.

Aside from my waiver grabs Im real curious to see how Antonio Gibson does for the Pat's. I think this kid could be huge. I'm not taking a chance playing him, as he's the only chance I have. Well....there's Miles Sanders for the Panthers
Now having made fun of Miles Sanders I feel he'll have a good game now. Ugh! I wonder if comedians have such neurosis when playing fantasy sports.

I assume we all knew Baker Mayfield and Derek Carr would be the league leaders at Qb, yeah?

Watch Steele (love the last name) burn me for 50 points. 😒
I'm actually not that excited about him and almost decided not to burn a waiver priority, and I probably wouldn't have if I weren't 0-2 and already backed into a corner and gambling for upside.

The trick is not minding
I'm actually not that excited about him and almost decided not to burn a waiver priority, and I probably wouldn't have if I weren't 0-2 and already backed into a corner and gambling for upside.
Yeah, I’m not too excited either, until proven otherwise. I have him stashed on other leagues but not starting.
Don’t worry too much over starting 0-2, though. Plenty of us have started out 0-2 and still made the playoffs and I’d never bet against you anyways in this.

Decided to go with Minnesota instead of Tampa Bay. Minni is leading Defenses the first 2 weeks of the season, maybe theyre legit. They're hosting Houston.

The trick is not minding
Decided to go with Minnesota instead of Tampa Bay. Minni is leading Defenses the first 2 weeks of the season, maybe theyre legit. They're hosting Houston.
Might be a good call if both Collins and Mixon can’t play

Might be a good call if both Collins and Mixon can’t play
I picked up Dare Ogunbowale. That names so good he should be in Baseball. I won't be able to play him this week though as Antonio Gibson goes tomorrow, and Hunter Henry's in my Flex.

Edit in- after thinking about it I don't know if I want to kill my wiggle room for this week by playing 2 Thursday nighters. Benched Gibson and Henry. If Dare doesn't get the start, KW III's useless btw, I'll just go with Mattison again. His projections higher at least.

I'm gonna go with Antonio Gibson tonight. Probably all of my options in my RB2 slot won't score alot anyway. Cam Akers will get the start over Dare for Houston, and Mattisons meh.

The trick is not minding
I'm gonna go with Antonio Gibson tonight. Probably all of my options in my RB2 slot won't score alot anyway. Cam Akers will get the start over Dare for Houston, and Mattisons meh.
Gibson has always been a solid, if unspectacular, RB. I remember Yoda drafted him during the Slaughter of 2020*, and he was a decent flex option for him on some weekends. Never really was able to claim that starting spot, however, during his stay in Washington. If Stephenson goes down again, he’ll be even better.

* I refer to that year as the Slaughter of 2020 because Yoda absolutely ran over us all year long. Pretty sure he broke scoring records. *shivers*