Elvis Presley

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I once helped Frank Chisum (world champion Elvis impersonitor) change a flat on his van. He had the hair and makeup on but sadly not the rhinestone.

It was kinda bizarre. One of those memories which sticks with you.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yeah, lay off Frank.

Semi-related, but I really like a singer called Jim Brown (what is it with Ulstermen and Elvis?) who does modern songs in an Elvis style.

He's a postman from Belfast.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The King

Live on a ship!

From the movie of the same name, Elvis' first, with the ghostly Jordanaires' backing vocals

With the awesome Scotty Moore and the invisible Jordanaires

an underrated song of his

I'm a fan of his early stuff too, I don't think I've ever watched an Elvis movie all the way through.

favourite live performance

also this one

favourite recording

Trouble with a capital "T"
I'm a fan of his early stuff too, I don't think I've ever watched an Elvis movie all the way through.
I recently watched all 31 of Elvis' movies. I had a blast and to my surprise I found they were not all the same as people say. There were only 2 movies that were pretty badly made, some of the others were quite good and rest fun enough to enjoy.

Legend.. Hope John Carpenter's Elvis 1979 does well in the upcoming musical countdown. Although it probably won't cause it's not cringe enough.
I seen that when I was watching everything about Elvis that I could find. It was good but I prefer Elvis (2022).

favourite live performance
My favorite Elvis live performances are the practice season for the 1973 Hawaiian concert that was the first program to ever be beamed around the world by satellite, Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii and the 1968 tv special Elvis: The Comeback Special extended version with deleted scene restored.