MoFo Health Thread

Tools    

i have never had two at the same time and i am not looking forward to it at all.
I love it. Five minutes & I will be done. Never had any reaction to any kind of shot.

I faint at injections. My first covid vaccine I fainted. In public too. Sigh, that's my side effect.
Is it seeing the injection or the feeling of it?

I do okay if I don't look, but if I do look, I get faint. Same when I donate blood.

I do okay if I don't look, but if I do look, I get faint. Same when I donate blood.
I used to do blood, but once a pint wasn’t gonna be forthcoming, I stopped. I never could look at mine & definitely not other people’s.

I have never fainted in my life though, strangely enough, have come close in church of all places.

I faint at injections. My first covid vaccine I fainted. In public too. Sigh, that's my side effect.
the injection doesn't bother me. it's the crappy feeling for days afterwards.

the injection doesn't bother me. it's the crappy feeling for days afterwards.
This may not work for you (and/or you may want to ask your own doctor), but my mom has really rough reactions to vaccines (the COVID and the flu shot), and her pharmacist advised her to take two Tylenol immediately after getting the injection. She said it made a huge difference.

Panic mostly, I have an irrational fear of air bubbles trapped in the syringe and going into my body. I've been told by Doctors that you need a lot of air to do any damage but as I said, irrational...

Seeing too, I can't watch injections on others either. When Nurses come to our house to give an injection to a family member I have to look away but never fainted.

Panic mostly, I have an irrational fear of air bubbles trapped in the syringe and going into my body. I've been told by Doctors that you need a lot of air to do any damage but as I said, irrational...

Seeing too, I can't watch injections on others either. When Nurses come to our house to give an injection to a family member I have to look away but never fainted.
You may be too young for this, but there was a Christopher Pike novel where a character is killed and comes back as a ghost. I can't remember the specifics, but there's a sequence where I think her brother is diabetic and his (evil) girlfriend intentionally injects him with a syringe full of air. The dead girl goes inside his body(?) and grabs the air bubble, visualizing it as a a silver balloon.

ANYWAY, I highly empathize with that fear. When you just have to trust that something is safe and there's not really a great way to check.

i have never had two at the same time and i am not looking forward to it at all.
I also struggle with vaccines of any kind. But last year I got the COVID and flu shots on the same day and my reaction was no worse than if I'd only gotten one at a time.
In the past I split them up for fear of doubling the agony but all I was really doing was giving myself two useless weekends of pain when I could have been just suffering through one. So I recommend combining them, to anyone that suffers side effects.

But yeah, I have to schedule mine on Fridays so I can spend the weekend on the couch with the shivers and muscle pain and not miss any work. I'm pitiful. My septuagenarian parents with various health issues handle theirs better than I.

This may not work for you (and/or you may want to ask your own doctor), but my mom has really rough reactions to vaccines (the COVID and the flu shot), and her pharmacist advised her to take two Tylenol immediately after getting the injection. She said it made a huge difference.
I am definitely trying this.

I also struggle with vaccines of any kind. But last year I got the COVID and flu shots on the same day and my reaction was no worse than if I'd only gotten one at a time.
In the past I split them up for fear of doubling the agony but all I was really doing was giving myself two useless weekends of pain when I could have been just suffering through one. So I recommend combining them, to anyone that suffers side effects.

But yeah, I have to schedule mine on Fridays so I can spend the weekend on the couch with the shivers and muscle pain and not miss any work. I'm pitiful. My septuagenarian parents with various health issues handle theirs better than I.
i call the days after a vaccine zombie days.

I am definitely trying this.
Hopefully it helps.

Our family is really split. My dad, brother, and I all do pretty well with vaccines, but my mom and sister really take a hit. I usually get both in the same day because I have historically not had side effects.

Again, though, might just double check with your doctor or the pharmacist giving you the shot.

I will try this in November.

two days of the flu. just great. i guess i don't need the vaccine.

I would still get the flu shot, even if I had had it recently. You don't know how many variants are out there!