Overrated Music

Tools    

Ariana Grande

People keep going on about her vocal chord range, yet to me she just sounds like high pitched vapid nonsense. She's so focused on sound dainty and cute she forgot to enunciate the words she's singing. If she sang thru her nose nobody would notice.

You get 40 seconds into this song and you cant understand what this idiot saying?

Trouble with a capital "T"
Ever notice that all of the really popular female singers are also attractive/sexy. One wonders about all the average looking but great sounding female singers who don't get an even break because they don't live up to someone elses ideal of female beauty.

Ever notice that all of the really popular female singers are also attractive/sexy. One wonders about all the average looking but great sounding female singers who don't get an even break because they don't live up to someone elses ideal of female beauty.
True, but at least they work hard to look good. What is the point of Billie Eilish?!

Is this supposed to be considered genius nowadays? The movie Idiocracy may have been more prophecy than comedy.

New Country. Ugh

For me Ariana Grande was acquired taste, but now I like many of her singles. The song that reveals her talent the best is Save Your Tears where her singing is sultry and chorus vocalizations really enhance the piece.

The Weeknd & Ariana Grande - Save Your Tears

Most overrated? U2 and Oasis are the first that come to mind. Wonderwall is one of the most overrated songs ever, though I like Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis.

True, but at least they work hard to look good. What is the point of Billie Eilish?!
Billie Eilish generally makes all-right songs for me, but she has many fans. There is no consensus on what her best song is, but my favorite is When The Party's Over:

Ariana Grande

People keep going on about her vocal chord range, yet to me she just sounds like high pitched vapid nonsense. She's so focused on sound dainty and cute she forgot to enunciate the words she's singing. If she sang thru her nose nobody would notice.

You get 40 seconds into this song and you cant understand what this idiot saying?
You summed her up perfectly.
Her enunciation is appalling. And this is in the studio! She's even worse live.
The complete opposite to Whitney Houston whose mom taught her to pronounce every syllable (having the greatest voice wasn't enough!).
She does indeed though have a great range. She's a talented vocalist, just lazy as ****.
She also sings lyrics like a w**re (hadn't heard this one before) which is quite endearing in a way if you can understand them.

This is a good example of both aspects

that's a very good effort. there aren't many singers could do that.

that would give Jessie J a run for her money for the best version after Whitney at her best.

that really is a superb rendition of IHN in fairness. Make no doubt she can sing.

that really is a superb rendition of IHN in fairness. Make no doubt she can sing.
Meh! To me she's a one trick pony that comes off like a Kardashian princess. If they ever did a remake of Private Benjamin she'd be perfect for it.