Gary Coleman R.I.P.

Tools    

Semper Fooey
Gary Coleman died from injuries he sustained in a fall. He was 42.

I used to love Diff'rent Strokes...

Rest in Peace

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Sad to hear that a talented actor has passed away... He will be missed. RIP, Gary...

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I pretty much missed Gary's happy times ("Diff'rent Strokes"), and I really don't like it when celebs "fall", so I try not to follow all the "bad" news about them. I'm just trying to think of Gary happy and how he'd probably liike to make others smile.

R.I.P.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I can't believe it took me this long to find out! I though my friends on facebook were just trollin'.

Man, you were a legend, RIP.

Geez...
I was gonna respond with the typical "Watchu talkin' 'bout Willis?!",
It would be especially funny since the original poster is will.

RIP Gary Coleman, I am only familiar with you for starring in an episode of "The Simpsons".

I don't know what to say. I never watched Diff'rent Strokes or whatever else he was in. I was never a big fan, but I always wondered why this guy was so short. I used to think he was a kid. I also thought he must have some kind of health problem that caused him to be so short. Was he technically a little person?

R.I.P.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Well, according to Wikipedia, he wasn't a technically a small person at all;

He suffered from a congenital kidney disease caused by focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (an autoimmune destruction and alteration of the kidney), which halted his growth at an early age, leading to a small stature (4 ft 8 in; 1.42 m) and a childlike appearance. He underwent two kidney transplants, one in 1973 and one in 1984, and required daily dialysis.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Just sharing an anecdote. In 2003, California Governor Gray Davis was the subject of a recall election. There were about 135 candidates (qualification criteria being very minimal) to replace him. They varied from known politicians to alleged madames and many other occupations. It was a shock when Arnold Schwarzenegger became the odds-makers favorite. I remember one TV commentator quipping something like this: "Incredible that he's leading the race given all the different people running. With Gary Coleman in the race, he's not even the best actor running for governor of California!"
Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain ... only straw. Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain? Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.