What's the time limit on threads dropping off New Posts?

Tools    

Trouble with a capital "T"
you have to keep hitting mark unread to activate it.
If you click/hit Mark Forums Read and then click New Post BUT someone has just posted to a thread since you've clicked/hit Mark Forums Read then in that case the feature won't seem to work. That's not a flaw, it's because there was a new unread post. That happens to me sometimes. I wonder if that's what is happening to you?

Yeah, I'm sure that's it, I think he's just saying he'd like a way to go right to that link without the intermediate steps. Most people only want it as a backup if New Posts aren't available, so this is a bit of an edge case in terms of how people use the forum. In that case right-clicking on the link the next time you see it to save the URL is probably the easiest/doesn't involve waiting for me to find time to modify code and stuff, since I'm pretty swamped.

Trouble with a capital "T"
...In that case right-clicking on the link the next time you see it to save the URL is probably the easiest/doesn't involve waiting for me to find time to modify code and stuff, since I'm pretty swamped.
I tried that method too and it also works perfect. So I now have a bookmark saved, which is neat to have. Thanks Yoda for all your time on this