The Official MLB Thread

Tools    

Pete Rose has died....

a great player. a bit of an idiot as a person. RIP

Pete Rose died?!
I hope they enroll him in the Hall Of Fame now. Damn I mean, Ty Cobbs in, and he was worse than the average Nazi.

RIP Charlie Hustle

White Sox owner issues public apology after team loses 121 games.

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/whit...nce-the-1800s/

I kinda like the Royals chances against Baltimore, or at least think they shouldnt be this big of an underdog. Lol at the Braves having to fly all the way to San Diego after a doubleheader.

I always thought it strange that baseball is the only sport that celebrates making the playoffs. I know it's a long season but you have won nothing.

A test of endurance I suppose. Then to actually get an invite to the tournament and possibly win that tournament must be very rewarding.

Or maybe baseball really is just boring as the kids say.

A test of endurance I suppose. Then to actually get an invite to the tournament and possibly win that tournament must be very rewarding.

Or maybe baseball really is just boring as the kids say.
In hockey they award a cup for winning the Eastern or Western conference. There's a custom where the players of the winning team won't touch this cup. The only cup that matters is the Stanley Cup.

The only cup that matters is the Stanley Cup.
It's definitely my favorite.

Im gonna root for Detroit first, Baltimore second, and the Dodgers third.
Detroits baseball and football teams have been pitiful..dont think theyll pull it off but itd be a historic upset if they did.

3 underdogs win yesterday! Handful of pitching gems (Ragans, Burnes, Skubal, King)

It's definitely my favorite.
are you a hockey fan?

the astros are gone in an upset to the tigers. i hoped they enjoyed that celebration last week

Happy for the Tigers. Tigers-Mets would be a lot of fun.

Technically an upset, as you say, but the MLB playoffs are structured in a way where major upsets are almost impossible, since no playoff team is going to be so much better than all the others to be better than, like, a 60-65% favorite in a short series.

Hey, what's up with those Kansas City Royals!

Hey, what's up with those Kansas City Royals!
that would be another upset

Don't trash my hometown teams.
nice win.

How bout them Tigers?!
Having said that what would be the best World Series matchup, and most deserved, would be Yankees/Dodgers. I wouldnt mind seeing that, it would get huuuuge ratings for MLB, and alot of dingers would be hit. Potential for most ever in a world series.
Id root for the Dodgers just because of Ohtani. Id like to see him get a ring. Plus I couldnt ever really root for the Yankees lol