Halloween Horror Binge

Tools    

I don't exactly go on a binge, but I do haul out some favorite war horses. Right now, I'm thinking about:

The Fog (the old one, not the newer remake)

The Mothman Prophecies

I keep meaning to see these two.

"......and his blanket scarf game was ."
-Mary Shelley, 1818

🤣

Ah. I thought it was a much worse It Follows. Or The Ring or Oculus or whatever curse movie you like. And it's not like It Follows is my favorite or anything. But that's what makes the world go round, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm trying to understand the appeal.
Oculus is probably one of the best movies made in the last decade. Got a good atmosphere and it doesn't get you with countless jump scares.

I just watched The Medusa Touch (1978). More sci-fi than horror, but surprisingly tense and well made. I liked it.

Victim of The Night
Oculus is probably one of the best movies made in the last decade. Got a good atmosphere and it doesn't get you with countless jump scares.
I definitely liked Oculus more than Smile.

Everybody stop what you're doing and go watch Loop Track (2023). It's on Shudder.

Lamb was very interesting, with a great moody atmosphere, but it's a little too slow and bleak for my taste. Still, it's very well made, with good performances. I just probably won't watch it again.

I had to share what I found after googling the film.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20241014-011030_Firefox.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	101477  

Can anyone guess which 'common question on the internet' I'm reacting to?

Can anyone guess which 'common question on the internet' I'm reacting to?
I mean, this is obviously based on a true story. I have three children with lamb heads in my class this year and the behavior management is really tricky.

I'm surprised I'd never seen Versus (2000) before. It's a Japanese zombie martial arts movie where, I kid you not, the zombies can use guns.

It's ridiculous Story of Riki level violence and gore, with a villain that's hamming it up as if his life depends on it.

It also beats the Quiet Man with a 12 and 1/2 minute fight sequence. It cuts between two separate fights, which eventually combined into one big one. And it isn't even the final fight, it's like a half hour in.

It's at the same time incredibly dumb and incredibly awesome. And it has one of the most bonkers final 3 minutes ever.

I approve.

V/H/S Beyond was a letdown. I like most of the angrily series, but this one was mostly letdowns. A couple good moments, but mostly bad cgi and repetition.

I give it a "D".

V/H/S 99 was better than Beyond, but the only strong segments are the first and final one.

I like the V/H/S series, especially '85. It's an entertaining anthology horror series, even if they do have lesser entries here and there.

It's somewhere on the lower end of