57 reasons why SPEED is the ultimate blockbuster spectacle.

→ in
Tools    

1. "Poor people are crazy, Jack. I'm eccentric".

All right, I don't actually have 57 reasons but perhaps we can complete the list together.

Everything looks surprisingly real compared to modern blockbusters and also the ones that came before Speed.
It's gloriously over-the-top as required for this genre, but for the most part is quite relatable.

It's the blockbuster spectacle with the most physical experience from an audience point of view.
The bomb threat almost feels like an afterthought when you watch the bus crashing through traffic without a moment of relief.
I mean, how many times have you watched this kind of film and felt the urge to cover your eyes because it's too much?

Attention to detail, everything else that's happening in the story including great little moments for the supporting cast.
There are no scenes that look wasted, everything that needs to happen happens during the action.

Terrific chemistry between Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, and these characters are allowed moments of genuine despair. Didn't happen in Die Hard.
Dennis Hopper as the villain you will love to hate, in fact I think this is the best "Joker" performance we've ever got in motion picture.

The hilarity of the non-stop disasters, starting with the elevator and ending in the metro, but it's also the high-stakes cat and mouse game between Jack and Howard Payne.
There is, for better or worse, a kind of bonding between these characters that almost feels like a father/son relationship.

So, it's James Bond meets Batman meets The Cassandra Crossing. And Sandra Bullock is in everything and would continue her career as the queen of disaster stories.

Speed is perfect, it's flawless, it's the best.
And personally speaking, I agree with that.

I mean, come on, if you're getting into that range, you gotta cap it at 55.
Came here to post this It was right there!

Because there are only 57.