ELO? yay or nay?

Tools    

Oh wow

The Adventure Starts Here!
BIG YAY from me, of course! Saw Jeff Lynne's ELO in their Over & Out Tour last month here in Pittsburgh. Turns out a "kid" in our row was wearing the same T-shirt I was. (Neither of us had official concert T's.) So great to see multiple generations singing along with every song!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Another true story... during one job I had, I kept my ELO CD in my car's CD player for 2 years!
I'd make sure to listen to "Hold on Tight" everyday during my commute (it was the one shot of positivity I needed to face the day).
I burned a CD of the set list for the Over & Out Tour and have been playing it in my car ever since their Sept. 10 concert here. I took a road trip last week (350 miles each way) and played that single CD all the way there and all the way home. It never gets old.

This is like asking if I have a heart.

Literally me when I used to listen to them behind the wheel:

Society researcher, last seen in Medici's Florence
Moderate yay to neutral mostly.
Saw them live as ELO part II in the late 90's.
This Live CD was released in EU in 1999, I think recorded during this exactly tour:

Have always liked them, and I always will.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Trouble with a capital "T"
Nah...sorry I was around when ELO first started getting air play and I never did care for their songs, just not the type of music I cared wanted to listen to. I was more into Steely Dan and other bands.

Nah...sorry I was around when ELO first started getting air play and just not the type of music I cared about or wanted to listen to. I was more into Steely Dan than ELO.
I feel vindicated

I wouldn't consider myself a fan, but I do like most of the songs I've heard. Depending on the day, Mr Blue Sky is the greatest song ever made and it perfectly encapsulates the feeling of a British summer for a Brit.

Also, a fun game for you all to play. Put Jeff Lynne in a search engine and see how many pictures of him there are where it doesn't look like he's in disguise.

See what I mean?

In 2001, I got tickets to a show, but they canceled (hardly sold any tickets
i don't think that would happen today

I wonder why it happened then
I shall now assume the role of a teenage girl, blarghem: "Classic rock was like, TOTALLY o-u-t!"

Remember when Don't Stop Believin' lost popularity, and now it's everywhere again? Thankls to streaming there's more interest in "raw classics." It's not the stuff your parents listened to, it's the stuff your grandparents got high to.

Or so I assume.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I shall now assume the role of a teenage girl, blarghem: "Classic rock was like, TOTALLY o-u-t!"

Remember when Don't Stop Believin' lost popularity, and now it's everywhere again? Thankls to streaming there's more interest in "raw classics." It's not the stuff your parents listened to, it's the stuff your grandparents got high to.

Or so I assume.

Classic Rock was very popular around 2001 as well, and almost every concert at the biggest venues were bands from the 60/70s but I imagine some bands or songs become popular as a result of .... being in a movie, or a President liking a certain band, re-union, etc..

ELO (like Supertramp) probably lost popularity because they didn't make the news about their debauchery.

Classic Rock was very popular around 2001 as well, and almost every concert at the biggest venues were bands from the 60/70s but I imagine some bands or songs become popular as a result of .... being in a movie, or a President liking a certain band, re-union, etc..

ELO (like Supertramp) probably lost popularity because they didn't make the news about their debauchery.
Well, I was seven at the time, so I'll take your word for it.

Weird fact: I love ELO, but I couldn't tell you the name of a single member.
There's some guy named Bruce if I'm hearing the "Don't Bring Me Down" lyrics correctly.

Anyway, as for the question, if it's wrong to get misty-eyed every time you hear "One Summer Dream," I don't want to be right.