ELO? yay or nay?

Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
As with most entertainment things, I am going to look at this through the lens of film, surprise, surprise being in a film forum... AND, I can't believe no one has mentioned THE scene which ends one of the best films of the 1990's with ELO's "Livin' Thing." You know the one.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

The Adventure Starts Here!
Moderate yay to neutral mostly.
Saw them live as ELO part II in the late 90's.
This Live CD was released in EU in 1999, I think recorded during this exactly tour:

I don't think ELO II was associated with Jeff Lynne, though, was it? I think that's why the current/last iteration is purposely called "Jeff Lynne's ELO."

As with most entertainment things, I am going to look at this through the lens of film, surprise, surprise being in a film forum... AND, I can't believe no one has mentioned THE scene which ends one of the best films of the 1990's with ELO's "Livin' Thing." You know the one.
Well, you COULD mean Cruella, but I'm guessing you mean that OTHER movie.

Yay!!! I always liked them but I like them more now. I was into Renaissance and The Beatles in my teens. That and disco took all my attention. Over the years, I have revisited the great Seventies groups I wasn’t paying attention to back then.

A system of cells interlinked

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I guess I'll highjack this thread to document our concert going experience last Saturday evening. A while back, Kelly noted that ELO was about to start their farewell tour. She "claims" this is her favorite band and just had to go. Having no idea wtf 'Ello is, I hesitantly agreed to go. She came by the office the night the tickets were available. If I remember correctly, she had a code to gain presale access. After scouring the seating options, she decided to go with the Mr. Blue Sky VIP package. We were lucky enough to find seats on the floor in Row J. Not far at all from the stage. So the tickets were ordered and I later completely forgot about it.

Three days before, I remembered that I still needed to find a hotel! Yikes. I lucked up there and found a spot at the Omni, neighboring and physically connected to the hosting State Farm Arena. We drove up the day before the show to have a free Saturday to ourselves. Curious, I looked up local events for the Friday before and found David Brighton's Space Oddity - A David Bowie Tribute band performing in Duluth, about 40 minutes north of our hotel. Hells yeah.

I won't waste ELO thread space with Bowie fandom, but if you get an opportunity to go to one of his shows, please do. He nailed it. Back to the point here, ELO was great. Seats were great. The VIP experience was great. We met a handful of really cool people at our table before the show and made a few Facebook friends in the process.

So, uh, Yay?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Surely you've heard many of their hits over the years, though, yes, @ynwtf? Great pictures, and I'll try not to be envious of your VIP experience. (I save my VIP dollars for "Weird Al" concerts these days.) Glad you got to see Jeff Lynne on his final tour!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Surely you've heard many of their hits over the years, though, yes, @ynwtf? Great pictures, and I'll try not to be envious of your VIP experience. (I save my VIP dollars for "Weird Al" concerts these days.) Glad you got to see Jeff Lynne on his final tour!
Yes, I totally recognized several songs. Not sure I've heard the "Electric Light Orchestra" name except in mostly forgotten childhood conversations.

The show was awesome btw.

Another true ELO story: I was first introduced to "Hold On Tight" via some car commercial that used the song.
I liked what little I'd heard of it on the commercial so I looked the commercial & song up on the Internet to find that it was a song by ELO.
Now, I already knew of the band since I actually had one of their albums on 8-track cassette when I was a kid (it wasn't mine, but like a lot of other music, I probably "inherited" it from my older brothers - i.e. found it laying in a box somewhere).
I just didn't know that they performed this particular song. So, I sallied forth, and purchased whichever ELO album (CD) had that song on it, and the rest is history.