The 4:30 Movie - Kevin Smith's latest nostalgia trap

Tools    

Kevin Smith has a new movie. The fact it's being distributed by Saban doesn't exactly seem encouraging, but who knows? Maybe it will be better than his last one.

I never experienced the 4:30 movie...

This film was made for people like me.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Having never received much of a theatrical release, the film is now available digitally. There will also be a disc release in November.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I saw the movie. It is considered one of Kevin's most personal films, based on his adolescent years. Really enjoyed it, especially Ken Jeong as the movie theater manager who can't catch a break. Austin Zajur was great as Brian, the character based on Kevin. He is also the boyfriend of Smith's daughter, Harley Quinn, who stars in a faux trailer for a film called "Sister Sugar Walls". All around a fun nostaglic trip to the 80s.

I even interviewed the four young stars of the film