Robert's greatest 1000 images 20th century game

Tools    

I've now settled on my greatest 1000 images (non documentary) from the 20th century.

If people are interested we can play a game?

RULES OF THE GAME

First poster to reply picks the first image (they are in chronological order 1-1000).

I reply with the matching image.

After that, whoever identifies the last film, picks next.

Or if I get bored waiting for anyone to guess it, I just name it and then anyone can pick next?

I may be prepared to answer questions or give clues about the previous film.

POINTS SCORING.

If you pick the image you get a point for every like of that image.

You also get 2 points for identifying the previous film.

The spirit of the game is that people don't do tactical liking.

A separate (2nd) competition is won by the person who orders the most liked image.

Again, the spirit of the game is that people don't do tactical liking.

I reserve the right to decide actually I'm not going to post all 'my' images afterall, in which case it would probably be game abandoned.

I'm a little confused. Identifying what movie a rather generic picture (like the sun) comes from seems to me to be virtually impossible. And, no disrespect intended, why would a rather generic picture of the sun be one of the greatest images of the 20th century? Compared to this?

I'm a little confused. Identifying what movie a rather generic picture (like the sun) comes from seems to me to be virtually impossible. And, no disrespect intended, why would a rather generic picture of the sun be one of the greatest images of the 20th century? Compared to this?
No disrespect taken. I've spent 100s of hours putting the images together, and they are the best collection of images of 20th century cinema ever assembled.

They aren't all generic pictures of the sun!

As for identifying the film, you know that it's around 700 images in to 1000 images which are chronological from 1900-1999.

And the fact that it's a picture of a hot sun is itself a clue.

No disrespect taken. I've spent 100s of hours putting the images together, and they are the best collection of images of 20th century cinema ever assembled.

They aren't all generic pictures of the sun!

As for identifying the film, you know that it's around 700 images in to 1000 images which are chronological from 1900-1999.

And the fact that it's a picture of a hot sun is itself a clue.
I'll wait for some others to chime in with comments/suggestions, or even just to start playing so I get a better idea of how this works. I do love playing the games on this forum, I would like to see any idea for a new game to succeed.

a film in which hot weather and the sun plays a significant role, perhaps around 70% of the way through the 20th century?

btw, admittedly this isn't the greatest image. it was one of the ones on the fringes.

Incidentally that one of the sun, I was impressed that Roeg (albeit 9 years later) did what David Lean's equipment couldn't do in Lawrence.

Aha. Oh no, how did this make it? haha.
Well the answer is that I give some weighting to iconic shots as well as beautiful ones. And also the 90s needed a little bit of love.

At least this one's easier to identify!!

Pulp Fiction! [jungle boogie... jungle boogie!]