The MoFo Top 100 Musicals Countdown

→ in
Tools    

O Brother Where Art Thou didn't work for me narratively - but I love (and actually owned) the soundtrack...

Gentlemen isn't top-tier Hawkes but it's delightful and another testement to the man's ability to tackle any genre with success.

And here's the first favorite that I just completely forgot about. Absolutely love O Brother, Where Art Thou and its music. Probably would've made my top fifteen had I remembered.

SEEN 11/32
BALLOT 2/25
Should've been on ballot: O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

Society researcher, last seen in Medici's Florence
#70 - O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
I don't remember its musical numbers. Anyway I have issues with its screenplay and usually don't consider it for whichever countdown. Nice cinematography though.

#69 - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953)
Saw it for this countdown. It is a very colorful chicks promotion, nothing more. At some point, I considered it as a filler for my #23-25.

Alrighty then…I like all these last four movies. Yellow Sub., 7 for 7, O Brother and GPB. None of these is on my list. 7 for 7 probably should have been for the fabulous dance scenes. I was a Beatles Super Fan in my youth and I meant to put one of their movies on my list but didn’t. The soundtrack for O Brother is stellar American roots music. Love it. I always get GPB and How to Marry a Millionaire confused they both have Marilyn and a similar theme.

Victim of The Night
Don't really consider O Brother Where Art Thou a musical. Love the movie though.
I think it's safe to say that if anyone performs any music in any way in a movie, it's gonna be on this list.

I think it's safe to say that if anyone performs any music in any way in a movie, it's gonna be on this list.
And that’s why I put A Clockwork Orange confidently at number one on my list.