MoFo Fantasy Football - 2024 Season

Tools    

Uh oh. Daniels for Washington is hurt
Meh, whatever. My season was over when I failed to get two points on Monday night. Play long enough and you get a few of these cursed seasons.

The trick is not minding
Meh, whatever. My season was over when I failed to get two points on Monday night. Play long enough and you get a few of these cursed seasons.
Oh I know. I’ve been there

Blue Light Special on Patrick Mahomes! Think ive got 3 teams so far Ive offered him, will take a better QB or a WR somewhere around 70 fps

Spaulding got him back, good riddance, stupid haircut.
I get Murray back again, at least thats who Yahoo chose for me in the first place.

Oh, and in case I have to say it. Am open to offers. Everyone is on the table for the right deal.

I need a WR or a TE, though Tight End seems to be a wash of a position this season.

The trick is not minding
I’m so disappointed over what happened with Deebo. I wanted to get Cooper in there but it was questionable how much he would, let alone if, he would even play.

Grrrr

Need to get back in the win column asap. Maybe string together a decent winning streak perhaps.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Oh goodie, now the best team has the best QB. Feels like I’m climbing K9 and someone just put a 100 pound weight in my pack.

#JusticeForHamilton

Yep. After sleeping on it I honestly have no regrets.
Baseball analogy. Oneil Cruz. Loads of possibility at the beginning of the baseball season, but was a fantasy pointsuck. Nobody wanted him in a trade so I put him to waivers to stop the bleeding, and Tim got him. Eventually he blossomed into the star he was meant to be, but it took a loooong time for him to get there. At one point I got to 1st place without him, but wouldnt have or even had finished 2nd if I had carried him. I couldnt afford those months of loss, Tim couldnt.
Mahomes is the best, but Joe Montana said it best when asked if he thought he was the best QB ever. He answered in so many words "Im considered such because of the team I had around me". The Chiefs offense is decimated with injuries. There is only so much Mahomes can do. Xavier Worthy is going thru the growing pains that Rashee Rice went thru last year, and defenses are blanketing Kelce in the meantime. I do think Ill hang onto JuJu as his hammy might not be seriously hurt, idk. I do know Kyler Murray has a healthy offense around him, but he may not be my best bet. Im gonna see how Russell Wilson does. First game back he almost got 30 fps against the New York Jets.

You do you brother. These kinds of things are a part of it. But this idea that a guy in his prime who is now in the conversation as being the GOAT, has won two straight SB, and is undefeated this year has to blossom? Compared to a guy who has been mostly promise, injury prone, team struggling to find identity this year. Sorry, don’t have the mental gymnastics for that argument.

I’m also fully aware that Tongo, and karma, will probably kick my ass by 50 this week with Murray scoring 4 TD.

The problem is not valuing Murray more than Mahomes. The problem is with giving up extra players to get him in the first place and then completely flipping after a couple of games.

Ok, well it was worth a shot. No argument. I realized I overtraded for a dud, and had a tantrum.

You do you brother. These kinds of things are a part of it. But this idea that a guy in his prime who is now in the conversation as being the GOAT, has won two straight SB, and is undefeated this year has to blossom? Compared to a guy who has been mostly promise, injury prone, team struggling to find identity this year. Sorry, don’t have the mental gymnastics for that argument.
Mahomes doesnt have to blossom. My Oneil Cruz analogy was more explaining my thinking. If theyre not gonna produce anytime soon, no hope in sight, then theyre axed.

I’m also fully aware that Tongo, and karma, will probably kick my ass by 50 this week with Murray scoring 4 TD.
Not with Lazard and Hopkins as my WRs. Only hope is if JuJu and Cooper return.

I think part of the problem is that kind of thinking: "a dud." As if players are either studs or duds, either hot commodities everyone would want, or worthless stocks that need to be sold for pennies on the dollar as fast as possible.

One way you can tell impulsiveness is driving a decision is if speed suddenly seems as important as the players themselves. Nobody makes better decisions faster. There's no reason wanting to trade a player has to translate into "I must trade this player now now now I'm going to send out five offers just to get rid of him as soon as I can."

Anyway, realizations are only valuable if they influence future behavior.