I have run out of films

Tools    

Just throw all care to the wind and watch The Lord of The Rings and Star Wars, ffs.
You've changed your criticism from me only watching obvious films, to me not watching obvious films?

You've changed your criticism from me only watching obvious films, to me not watching obvious films?
I'm saying just find something to watch and NOTHING is wrong with the two films series I said.

I'm a Star Wars/LOTR/MCU fan but I watch anything else except American comedies that make fun of women, race, and body functions/noises. Oh, not a fan of Noir but I have watched some.

We can nitpick our way into misery. Grading something rather than just accepting it how it is, flaws and all, makes for a less gratifying experience.
Sure, obsessing over numbers and details may cloud the bigger picture in certain cases. Everything is relative though and one doesn't necessarily exclude the other. There are off course different approaches but the sheer act of rating movies doesn't automatically mean less focus on experiencing or valuing the movie itself for what it is. Thinking about what rating you'd give it while watching is another story off course and maybe a sign that you might want to reconsider your priorities. But if anything it seems to me binary thinking is the problem. Not rating.

Personally I rate movies mostly as a note to my future self of how likely I am to enjoy rewatching them after enough time has gone by that I hopefully have forgotten them. Like this:

50 means I was indifferent to it and anything below means it was at best meh or more annoying than enjoyable. 60 is worth a rewatch if the genre suits the current mood at the time of concideration. 65 and 70 is decent, 75 is good and stands out in some favorable way. 80 and above is even better obviously.

Out of currently 410 ratings*, 21 are rated 100. Most of these 21 movies have obvious flaws but they're still rated 100 because they're simply that good despite these flaws that the only sensible thing to do is to ignore them as insignificant, not relevant.

Now, counter to what you seem to suggest I would not only argue that rating them didn't change how I perceive them as movies, but that avoiding such scenario wasn't particularly challenging either. Maybe I'm special

Another plus with rating is it leads to fun back and forth bickering on public forums

* Relax, I've seen more

Watch list:

The Day the Earth Stood Still 1951
The Thing From Another World 1951
The War of the Worlds 1953
Forbidden Planet 1956
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1956
The Incredible Shrinking Man 1957
The Time Machine 1960 (rewatch)
These Are The Damned 1962

Trouble with a capital "T"
I highly recommend these:
Robinson Crusoe On Mars (1964)
The Fly (1958)
The Monolith Monsters (1957)
This Island Earth (1955)
X The Man with the X-Ray Eyes (1963)

I guess im being a hipocrite. Before buying a movie I havent seen on Amazon Prime I check the Rotten Tomato rating. Unless its something Im compelled to watch it has to have at least a 50% rating.
Damn it, Is there ever a statement I wont ever go back on?

I don't actually wear pants.
I have had an idea to watch some sci-fi films from 1950-1965.
That sounds like a fun idea. You are in the right place for recommendations. A lot of them are Cold War allegories, of course, so that's something to keep in mind when you watch them. That doesn't lessen their quality. Sometimes it enhances the quality.

Really there's always something to watch, even if it means going out of your comfort zone. I'm not saying you have to watch films you aren't sure you'll like 100% of the time. I just mean it's good to venture out into the unknown every so often. Who knows? You may be pleasantly surprised, or find new avenues to go down, and find even more gems.

I have had an idea to watch some sci-fi films from 1950-1965.

Some recs...

Creature from the Black Lagoon
Them
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
On the Beach
The Tingler
Last Man on Earth
The 10th Victim

I don't think I'll ever run out of films to watch, but I do think I'll eventually run out of films I want to watch. Not sure when though.

I don't think I'll ever run out of films to watch, but I do think I'll eventually run out of films I want to watch. Not sure when though.
For me it's a matter of forgetting what I've seen When one watches one movie per night and years later you rewatch something and don't remember it, it's almost like a gift! Happens to me all the time.

I would add these to my view list:

The Fly (1958)
This Island Earth (1955)
The 10th Victim (1965)

thanks for those.

Generally though I would say by the way, that I don't feel there's any necessity on my part to watch all bad or not very good or not particularly great movies, or even as many of them that I can. I have seen a fair few already, which I feel is quite adequate.

Of course though if there are other movies which are enjoyable to watch then it's nice to watch them, but I don't feel that I've missed out particularly if I don't get round to it.

For me it's a matter of forgetting what I've seen When one watches one movie per night and years later you rewatch something and don't remember it, it's almost like a gift! Happens to me all the time.
I used to constantly stumble across films I never knew existed and just decided to give a shot. There is always something to watch for the first time. When someone doesn't have a film to watch, then the person isn't looking or is too focused on a particular criterium and needs to broaden his scope.

I have also run out of a plurality of things which start with "F"...

The Guy Who Sees Movies
If you have a DVD wall, just pull something off and watch it. Don't worry about whether it's good, but find something good in it as you watch. If you don't have a DVD wall, just go to Amazon or Netflix and do something similar.

The point is to re-engage. It might help to call them movies instead of films. That lowers the level of worry too.

In the 0 - 100 span of movie ratings, recall that most of them are somewhere between 40 and 60. They're entertainment with occasional forays into Art (note the capital A). If you lower your level of expectations, a lot of them will look better.

Indeed, I'll likely transition more to rewatching films down the road. Heck, I'm even looking at films I watched last year and am struggling to recall much about them.

I used to constantly stumble across films I never knew existed and just decided to give a shot. There is always something to watch for the first time. When someone doesn't have a film to watch, then the person isn't looking or is too focused on a particular criterium and needs to broaden his scope.
Just last night I stumbled upon this really obscure, b-budget film that I'd never heard of. I watched it just to see what it was like. Turned out it was kinda good and surprisingly ahead of it's time in some of the subjects it broached.
Emergency Hospital (1956)
Not bad for a 62 minute movie.

Just last night I stumbled upon this really obscure, b-budget film that I'd never heard of. I watched it just to see what it was like. Turned out it was kinda good and surprisingly ahead of it's time in some of the subjects it broached.
Emergency Hospital (1956)
Not bad for a 62 minute movie.
I think stuff like that is really cool. It sounds like you liked it just fine for what it is. That's what you have to be willing to do some times is venture into the unknown.

@Robert the List

Didn't I send you my top 100 list?

You probably think all my favorites are shite.

But you know what? It's about what I enjoy.