Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Trouble with a capital "T"
Topic jokes:

When Stirch first watched The 10 Commandments... she only made it to number 2!

Stirch still has no idea that there is a color portion in the Wizard of Oz!

After turning The Empire Strikes Back off 3/4 of the way through, Stirch thought the plot a bit predictable what with Vader having reportedly killed Luke's father.

Stirch turned The Sixth Sense off halfway through for lacking any significant plot twists!

When Stirch hears people talk about 2001 A Space Odyssey she thinks HAL must be the name of one of the ape men (since it got turned off after 10 minutes)!

Because Stirch turned off Gone With the Wind, she's under the impression that Rhett Butler DOES give a damn!
Ha, that made me laugh

Topic jokes:

When Stirch first watched The 10 Commandments... she only made it to number 2!

Stirch still has no idea that there is a color portion in the Wizard of Oz!

After turning The Empire Strikes Back off 3/4 of the way through, Stirch thought the plot a bit predictable what with Vader having reportedly killed Luke's father.

Stirch turned The Sixth Sense off halfway through for lacking any significant plot twists!

When Stirch hears people talk about 2001 A Space Odyssey she thinks HAL must be the name of one of the ape men (since it got turned off after 10 minutes)!

Because Stirch turned off Gone With the Wind, she's under the impression that Rhett Butler DOES give a damn!

Stirch still has no idea who Keyser Söze is....

Stirch thinks Psycho is all about what Janet Leigh does with the stolen funds...

Stirch doesn't know what Rosebud meant for Charles Foster Kane....

Stirch thinks Humphrey Bogart flies out of Casablanca with Ilsa...

Stirch thinks The Graduate is about Dustin Hoffman going out with girls his age...

Ohhhh these are so good!!

Ha, that made me laugh
Love your new avatar, btw, Rules.

TMM (1962) is probably one of the top 100 all time greatest movies and in the top 10 of movie musicals. (I'm sure Miss Vicky would agree!)

Makes me wonder if Stirchley was ever able to make it beyond "Shipoopi" in the film?

Love your new avatar, btw, Rules.

TMM (1962) is probably one of the top 100 all time greatest movies and in the top 10 of movie musicals. (I'm sure Miss Vicky would agree!)

Makes me wonder if Stirchley was ever able to make it beyond "Shipoopi" in the film?
It's always hard for me to change an avatar, I fuss with them too much to change them often.

"In the water I'm a very skinny lady"
For me, I couldn't make it through Airplane! or Bull Durham. I walked out of the cinema on both movies. I didn't like either of them.

For me, I couldn't make it through Airplane! or Bull Durham. I walked out of the cinema on both movies. I didn't like either of them.
I watched Airplane! and stuck it out to see how stupid it was, it was stupid. It was stupid in the first 15 minutes and never turned into a Kurbrick film, it just remained stupid until the stupid end

I watched Airplane! and stuck it out to see how stupid it was, it was stupid. It was stupid in the first 15 minutes and never turned into a Kurbrick film, it just remained stupid until the stupid end
Very true... and don't call me "stupid".

Weird thing is I love most sports movies (even though I don't feel that way about actual sports). But Bull Durham is one I didn't love - don't know why, since I don't remember any of it. (Maybe I should try to rewatch it some day - but I'll probably just end up watching Major League again!)

Very true... and don't call me "stupid".

anything less than an 8
most things less than 8.5

Goodfellas
The French Connection
The Godfather Part II
American Graffiti

Goodfellas
The French Connection
The Godfather Part II
American Graffiti
Curious as to why you didn't finish those movies? What was it about each of them that you didn't like?

Curious as to why you didn't finish those movies? What was it about each of them that you didn't like?

I wasn't exactly blown away by the first GODFATHER film but at least it was watchable enough.
The prequel part in Part II doesn't bother me except that it adds little to the narrative of the present time part of the film.
None of the characters are interesting or colourful enough to make them memorable, and I fail to see how any of this was a challenge to these gifted actors.
I don't have to like the characters but I need to care, and the confusing storyline certainly didn't help.
I'm not a history buff so I didn't really understand what was going on in Cuba and - more importantly - how it influenced the story for the Corleone family.
Then, all of sudden, the Corleones are being investigated by a senate committee because...because. Gee, it's not like there wasn't enough time to build up to this plot twist.
Lots of other stuff happens, well, being discussed, and it all looks very random to me.

American Graffiti, I didn't get the vibe of the film, it was just....there.

The French Connection - soulless, lack of conflict, no particular atmosphere.

Goodfellas - miserable characters doing miserable things, and then there's that annoying narration guiding the viewer through the film's boring pace. It's such a stinker.

I wasn't exactly blown away by the first GODFATHER film but at least it was watchable enough.
The prequel part in Part II doesn't bother me except that it adds little to the narrative of the present time part of the film.
None of the characters are interesting or colourful enough to make them memorable, and I fail to see how any of this was a challenge to these gifted actors.
I don't have to like the characters but I need to care, and the confusing storyline certainly didn't help.
I'm not a history buff so I didn't really understand what was going on in Cuba and - more importantly - how it influenced the story for the Corleone family.
Then, all of sudden, the Corleones are being investigated by a senate committee because...because. Gee, it's not like there wasn't enough time to build up to this plot twist.
Lots of other stuff happens, well, being discussed, and it all looks very random to me.
I probably shouldn't bring this up again... but the first time I watched the Godfather films all the way through was when a salesperson at the video store (remember them?) told me if I wanted to watch both films without flashbacks that I should rent The Godfather "Saga".

It's Godfather I and II, but with all scenes placed in chronological order. A more linear way to view it (but to some people, it's sacrilege!)

I kind of liked it because it smoothed out some of the complaints expressed in the quoted post.