Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

HOLY CRAP EDGE OF TOMORROW WAS AWESOME

Thats my rating of Edge of Tomorrow
Fire walk with me.

The Girl with the Pearl Earring (2003) ~ 6.75/10

Under the Skin (2013) ~ what the heck???

Finished here. It's been fun.
He started off great with "The Sixth Sense" and "Unbreakable", but he's gone steadily downhill since then.
Yeah that seems to be the general consensus. Shame really. He obviously had some talent.

The American Friend (1977)

This was my first Wim Wenders film and I was pretty impressed. It doesn't look remotely it's age and kept me interested throughout. Bruno Ganz and Dennis Hopper give very good performances, as does the rest of the cast. I liked how it was set in multiple cities with multiple languages.

Gbgoodies, good pick on The Great Race. Still one of my favorite comedies. "Push the button, Max!"

Kick-Ass 2

Was eager to see this sequel and was not disappointed. While the surprise, or "new-factor" may be gone, the characters continue to grow, with Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Chloë Grace Moretz repeating their fine work as Kick-Ass and Hit Girl, respectively. Jim Carrey has a smallish but fun role as a "super-hero" who gets others to join his cause of fighting crime. Christopher Mintz-Plasse returns, having his former Red Mist persona taken away (you'll have to watch to see how) and now goes by a name that I cannot even type out. Go to IMDB and you'll see his new name. Anyway, he's pretty hilarious here. And there's a character named Mother Russia that you have to see to believe. A very good time to be had here, with comedy and action galore, also a little serious drama thrown in, like the first movie. Recommended.

The Clockmaker of St. Paul (1974)

...is a psychological portrait of a man at the crossroads of despair. This is a good flick. 3.5/5
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
HOLY CRAP EDGE OF TOMORROW WAS AWESOME

Thats my rating of Edge of Tomorrow
Looking forward to seeing this

The American Friend (1977)

This was my first Wim Wenders film and I was pretty impressed. It doesn't look remotely it's age and kept me interested throughout. Bruno Ganz and Dennis Hopper give very good performances, as does the rest of the cast. I liked how it was set in multiple cities with multiple languages.

I like this movie quite a bit, but it was The Talented Mr. Ripley that really turned me on to the Ripley books and to the author Patricia Highsmith. Dennis Hopper is completely miscast, and yet it works in this film. Purple Noon is another notable Ripley movie. Ripley's Game with John Malcovich as Tom Ripley isn't as good, but it's so-so.

I like this movie quite a bit, but it was The Talented Mr. Ripley that really turned me on to the Ripley books and to the author Patricia Highsmith. Dennis Hopper is completely miscast, and yet it works in this film. Purple Noon is another notable Ripley movie. Ripley's Game with John Malcovich as Tom Ripley isn't as good, but it's so-so.
I didn't know anything about the books, but I have seen The Talented Mr. Ripley, and I loved that.

Brian De Palma has been a hit or miss director for me for years.

Did not like Mission Impossible, Snake Eyes was meh, REALLY did not like Casualties of War and Scarface, but I like The Untouchables and Carlito's Way. But between Blow Out and Body Double I think I have been watching the wrong De Palma films all these years!

This film is heavily influenced by Hitchcock. Particularly Rear Window and Vertigo. From the crippling phobia, to the crazy camera work to show said phobia, the theme of voyeurism and spying on your neighbors, Brian De Palma makes an excellent thriller in a very Hitchcock sort of way. Only sleazy. Which is not a bad thing as it fits here.

Brian De Palma has been a hit or miss director for me for years.

Did not like Mission Impossible, Snake Eyes was meh, REALLY did not like Casualties of War and Scarface, but I like The Untouchables and Carlito's Way. But between Blow Out and Body Double I think I have been watching the wrong De Palma films all these years!

This film is heavily influenced by Hitchcock. Particularly Rear Window and Vertigo. From the crippling phobia, to the crazy camera work to show said phobia, the theme of voyeurism and spying on your neighbors, Brian De Palma makes an excellent thriller in a very Hitchcock sort of way. Only sleazy. Which is not a bad thing as it fits here.

If you haven't seen it, I'd say go for Dressed to Kill next.

Go Agead, Make My Day

Layer Cake 2004 Watched it yesterday

6.5/10

nothing is wrong with it, acting, storyline, twists, ...... are all ok, I guess I just don't appreciate this type of a movie very much, to me it's between OK and Good. it has some similarities to Guy Ritchie movies.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Law Abiding Citizen 9/10 - one of the best movie staring Gerard Butler

Fantastic! An excellent film! I have definitely been watching the wrong De Palma flicks all these years. Expect me to watch more of his movies in the years to come.

Now between this and Body Double, I think I give a slight edge to Dressed to Kill for now. Body Double is awesome, but the movie did get a tad silly at the middle of the film (during the murder), while Dress to Kill is strong from beginning to end.

Either way both are very thrilling, suspenseful, and each is sleazy to a degree. Body Double much more so. But I have to say Dressed to Kill is the better movie. And I think Nancy Allen is really hot.