Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Pi (1998)

+

I do find numbers to be interesting and that carried over to this movie. It is unique and unnerving, aided by a frantic musical score.

A Trip to the Moon (1902)

This is about a 13 minute short film from the Sci-Fi list. I enjoyed it fine enough, but more so I appreciate it's place in history.

For my money, the only really great movie that Lopez ever made was Selena.
i like the cell,bordertown and u turn aswell,mi familia has gotten alot of praise aswell though i havent seen it.but i guess romcoms make more money

Your Name (2016)

Great stuff, best Shinkai movie ever and perhaps the best animated film of the decade. It's indeed a exceptional movie in many ways. It combines Shinkai's penchant for melancholic romance with a blockbuster's style of plot and domesticity in terms of its writing.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
i like the cell,bordertown and u turn aswell,mi familia has gotten alot of praise aswell though i havent seen it.but i guess romcoms make more money
I also didn't mind Anaconda, Enough, Angel Eyes and An Unfinished life. That new Lila and Eve isn't bad either. I still have to see Bordertown. Parker was good too.

The Experiment (2010) -

[quote=matt72582;1600481]Sounder - 8/10

Like the caption reads - a very moving movie, my type of movie. The children were the greatest acting bunch I ever saw, especially the main character.

Totally agree regarding Kevin Hooks...amazing performance.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
[quote=Gideon58;1600683]
Sounder - 8/10

Like the caption reads - a very moving movie, my type of movie. The children were the greatest acting bunch I ever saw, especially the main character.

Totally agree regarding Kevin Hooks...amazing performance.
I think it's the best performance of any non-adult, though there are some good ones out there.

To Die For - 8/10

I can only think of a handful of funny movies, and this is one of them. First time viewing, very good and fun! I can't find many funny and good movies, if anyone has a recommendation, I'll try to watch them all.

[quote=matt72582;1600687]

I think it's the best performance of any non-adult, though there are some good ones out there.
It did make my list of favorite child performances, but it was one of the few entries on the list that I don't think got a single rep.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I Am Legend (2007)

Man in Apocalyptic zombie-ridden NY tries to find cure to disease.

Very good take on the zombie film-- in this case it's a cancer cure gone wrong, so the blame goes to us. Ok. Great empty Manhattan CGI. Excellent monsters-- faster, stronger, smarter, and meaner. Something about a zombie running at top speed reallly gets me. The hyperventilating lady monster was deliciously creepy.

Will Smith is very good for the most part. Don't know why he always fixates on his little tastes in his movies to help galvanize his character w the audience (I like Shrek, Bob Marley, That's my blender, etc). I guess it works, whatever.

The female lead and her son bore me-- yes they did their job, but can you have negative presence on film?

Personally I would've like to have seen more looting footage--imagine going into various residences/stores in Manhattan, looking around and grabbing whatever you need-- an indy film of just that would be fun. However I do respect the story, so that's just my personal bent.

Overall, very watchable, and rewatchable, so I give it

4.6 hyperventilating female zombies out of 5

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Island of Lost Souls (1932)
+

Very entertaining. Wish I'd seen it sooner. I watched the 1996 remake and didn't really care for it. The original is very good.

Pursued (1947)

+

Robert Mitchum plays a haunted man whose family was slaughtered when he was a boy. You would think he'd be out for revenge, yet he's the target for it. It's a dark western, and I even thought it was sad at times. The cinematography, supporting players, and ending are strong.

The Devil, Probably - 7/10

It could have been one of the best movies ever. Starts and ends great, but a lot of non-compelling BS in the middle hour. Great theme, some great lines, great acting by the lead. Maybe if there were less characters and more of a story instead of aimlessly walking with small-talk when there were more opportunities for those few great scenes.