Actors you wish hadn't retired when they did

Tools    

Who are the actors you wish hadn't retired when they did?

For me, obvs, Greta Garbo would be at the top of the list, followed closely by Norma Shearer, Doris Day and Grace Kelly.

But among the most recent actors who may have retired too soon, there's Jack Nicholson, Gene Hackman, Phoebe Cates, Bridget Fonda, Rick Moranis, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Actors I don't miss after they retired: Daniel Day-Lewis.

Actors I wish would retire already: Adam Sandler, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone

Who are the actors you wish hadn't retired when they did?

For me, obvs, Greta Garbo would be at the top of the list, followed closely by Norma Shearer, Doris Day and Grace Kelly.

But among the most recent actors who may have retired too soon, there's Jack Nicholson, Gene Hackman, Phoebe Cates, Bridget Fonda, Rick Moranis, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Actors I don't miss after they retired: Daniel Day-Lewis.

Actors I wish would retire already: Adam Sandler, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone

Great choices. My main one is Rick Moranis. I know he had a lot of personal issues to deal with, so he had to go, but he's one of the all time great comedians of that era.

Welcome to the human race...
no answers. i'm fine with it if the alternative is that they keep turning out lesser work because they'd rather quit.

Grace Kelly had only made 11 movies at the time she married the Prince. Can you imagine what kind of career she might have had, especially with Hitchcock probably guiding most of it?

Jack Nicholson was a great actor but it had definitely been a minute since he had made a good movie.
The more recent movies weren't always great but he made them worth watching!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
James Cagney. Always played a dark character, but retired with The Hayes Code still in tact. Robert Mitchum was able to lead in a handful of movies from 69-76ish.

I thought Jack Nicholson, but I wouldn't want him to be in all these awful movies the other stars of the 70s do for the money without regard for the quality. I always hoped one would lend their name and services to help a great, but low-budget movie. Ben Gazzarra did this for multiple directors.