Is this Movie or Show worth watching?

Tools    

AKA I need help deciding Thread

I dont know if there's a thread for somethimg like this already on here, but I'm curious if anyone has seen 3 Body Problem series on Netflix? Is it worth watching?

Also there's a horror movie called Horror Express (1972). Should I watch it or would it be too dated? If it has a good story I could forgive the lack of scariness.

I dont know if there's a thread for somethimg like this already on here, but I'm curious if anyone has seen 3 Body Problem series on Netflix? Is it worth watching?
I haven't started yet but here's a thread for it
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ghlight=3-body

Also there's a horror movie called Horror Express (1972). Should I watch it or would it be too dated? If it has a good story I could forgive the lack of scariness.
I need to revisit Horror Express. I saw it a long time ago and found it disappointing, but since I can stream it for free on Amazon, it might be worth checking out again. As I recall, HE was late in that cycle of Hammer Films that starred Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing and that pairing had gotten tired.

Wikipedia refers to it as an adaptation of the Campbell novel Who Goes There?, the source of the "Thing" movies, but the book (which I've read) and those movies were definitely oriented to arctic/antarctic wilderness. The book had a shape-shifting antarctic horror, and Horror Express seems to veer from either of those.

I don't know about 3BP but you should check our Horror Express. It's a 70's Euro trash production featuring bleeding eyeballs and an outsized and gratuitously bare chested Telly Savalas performance.

I'm on episode 2 which is a good sign. I've a feeling it's not going to disappoint mainly because it seems so different and that makes it harder for me to have expectations.

I don't know about 3BP but you should check our Horror Express. It's a 70's Euro trash production featuring bleeding eyeballs and an outsized and gratuitously bare chested Telly Savalas performance.
Yee gods. I had forgotten about Telly. Generally his performances were slimier and more reptilian than the monster.

Is Civil War (2024) worth watching?
I say yes. I don't think it is as good as Alex Garland's other films, but I still liked it. Kirsten Dunst and Cailee Spaeny are good here and there are some effective moments. I rated it a 7/10.

Is Civil War (2024) worth watching?
Civil War is like a bikini: it shows enough to be interesting but leaves the key elements to the imagination

Sounds great.
I thought it was that movie from the seventies about a group of teens having a party on a train where a slasher is slashing. Does anyone remember that?

Horror Express is a very cheaply made movie. There are better Christopher Lee movies to watch.

3 Body Problem is awesome!

Haven't seen Horror Express yet, but due to favorable enough reviews from yall I bought it and The Beast in the Cellar for $3 on Amazon Prime. One day I'll check em out.

3 Body Problem is awesome!

Haven't seen Horror Express yet, but due to favorable enough reviews from yall I bought it and The Beast in the Cellar for $3 on Amazon Prime. One day I'll check em out.
We shouldn't have mentioned Horror Express here. A couple days ago, I looked it up on Prime Video and it was free; I watched a couple minutes of that cheesy horror. Today, they want me to pay. Amazon seems to "know" that I was interested. I'd be interested for free, but not for $1.79.

Sounds great.
I thought it was that movie from the seventies about a group of teens having a party on a train where a slasher is slashing. Does anyone remember that?
Are you thinking of Terror Train? It's 1980 but there's no reason you wouldn't think it's 70's if you didn't know. Jamie Lee Curtis is in it, which is what makes me think it's not as, if it was, you'd have probably mentioned that.

Are you thinking of Terror Train? It's 1980 but there's no reason you wouldn't think it's 70's if you didn't know. Jamie Lee Curtis is in it, which is what makes me think it's not as, if it was, you'd have probably mentioned that.
No, that sounds right! Thanks.

Horror Express is a very cheaply made movie. There are better Christopher Lee movies to watch.

It's cheaply made, indeed, but it was bizarre in a way I liked. I've seen enough horror movies that any unique ideas/monsters get my interest. Also, I'll watch Christopher Lee in anything. He always gives a good performance, no matter how cheesy the movie.

Although I can't even begin to comprehend where they idea that if you take the juice out of an eye and magnify it, you can see the last thing the person saw. Wtf?

Not to be mistaken with Night Train to Terror, which is a weird horror anthology where a rock band partying on a train with their fans have no idea that... brace yourself...God and Satan themselves are on the train, with a mysterious third party 'the conductor' acting as their host, as they have some sort of battle of wills, using the 3 anthology mini-stories to decide if good or evil should triumph and claim the souls of the train's passengers.

A very strange movie. Not very good, but certainly memorable.

I just thought I'd mention it, because I think of it any time someone brings up a horror movie involving a train.