UK road movie

Tools    

Set in 80/90/00s a (UK/Oz?) road movie - woman and her male travelling companion in a bar/pub. Woman ends up arm-wrestling men in the bar - the winner is to "take her home" - she beats them all and then takes on her man and lets him win ... Ring any bells?

Sorry, not ringing any bells for me. Here's a list of films tagged with "arm-wrestling" on IMDb in case that proves of any assistance.

Best of luck with the search.

Yes I saw that list. No help I'm afraid. I've been trying to think who the actress might be, obviously she must have been tough enough to take on various blokes in the pub, so not some puny girl. Sigourney Weaver? Elisabeth Shue? one of Charlie's Angels? But I actually think it was an English pub though not necessarily an English actress (!)

Still looking for this movie.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert?

It isn't one of the Superman movies, is it? When he's lost his superpowers?

CharlieBigPotatoes I think is thinking of Superman II, when Ursa (Sarah Douglas) arm wrestles a guy in a bar who was hitting on her. She wins and hurts the guy badly. Not similar to the OP's memory.

Oh. Oops.

I cant see it being a british movie about arm wrestling I think, we arent that big on it over here, though perhaps I could be proved wrong.

I'd think it was Aussie or American and it also sounded to me it couldve been a show/series rather than a film?

Pretty sure it's set in Australia...

FromBeyond could be right. Sounds like a comedy sketch - the Fast Show maybe?

There aren't a lot of "road movies" set in Great Britain. It's a little over 800 miles drive from one end of the island to the other, which doesn't give much room for a "road movie".