Twisters (2024)

Tools    

Sat through this twice now. It is pretty much a reboot of the same thing, revisiting similiar themes and dynamics as in the 90's original. It's fine, I didn't really buy into the characters as much, and a lot of the time it felt like a retread of the same types of characters and plot points, etc.

That said, I am glad that went to this a second time, because my daughter wanted to see it and we did it the 4DX thing, which I actually bought into and thought that movie experience was really enhanced because of it, with the rain splray, wind winds, bumpy ride etc all really fitted with the movie that was playing out, without seeming forced of ridiculous, as most movies do that get this sort of treatment. Usually I don't bother with anything like that, and those times in the past never really did much for me, but this is the sort of movie that makes great use of the 4DX gimmick.

It's a shame it's going to lose those types of screens after just the one week with Deadpool & Wolverine no doubt going to take those over.

I wanna see this. If it really is better than the original, at least...
I enjoyed it but it was a guilty pleasure as I live in what is called Tornado Alley.

I thought it was, anyway.
Rewatched the original a day before going to the new one, I think it feels very dated and not as exciting anymore.

The original has a better vibe and more charismatic actors. Plus the 4DX version was a wild ride!

I watched this last night, & I don't really understand the high ratings. The leads don't have a presence or chemistry between themselves. There is nothing different or exciting in the movie.

I watch the original as a kid. It was far more fun.

I watched this last night, & I don't really understand the high ratings. The leads don't have a presence or chemistry between themselves. There is nothing different or exciting in the movie.
Agreed.. no Bill Paxton, no Phillip Seymour Hoffman.. not even a flying cow..

I watch the original as a kid. It was far more fun.
Not sure what movie you were watching but the dude that was the tornado wrangler definitely had a presence in the movie.