The deadline for the Top Musicals list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

RIP Charles Cyphers (Halloween, The Fog, Major League

Tools    

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Actor Charles Cyphers died on August 4th. He was 85.

Born in Niagra Falls, New York, Cyphers was a graduate of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. He also took drama classes at Los Angeles City College and is a graduate of Cal. State at LA, receiving his BA in theatre arts.

Cyphers first film role was Truck Turner in 1974. He first worked with John Carpenter in 1976's Assault on Precinct 13 and appeared in other Carpenter films as well including Halloween, Halloween II, The Fog, and Escape From New York. He reprised his role of Sheriff Brackett in the 2021 Halloween Kills.

Cyphers appeared in numerous television shows including Roots, The Dukes of Hazzard, Sliders, ER, and Seinfeld. He had a recurring role on The Betty White Show and had appeared on The Dating Game in 1967 competing for a date with Yvonne "Batgirl" Craig.

Cyphers other film appearances included Elvis (1979), Deathwish II, Loaded Weapon 1 and Major League.

He was a recipient of the Los Angeles Drama Critics Award for best performance by an actor for his role in The Caretaker.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

I knew him mostly as Sheriff Brackett from Halloween. But I've seen a lot of films he's appeared in so I'll have to look for him again whenever I watch those. From his resume, I can see he was continually working up untl 2021. Godspeed, Charles.